Aftermath.

Hannah sat there in silence as I carefully held the tea towels over her bleeding arms. Her face was red and sore from his slap and her cheeks were stained with tears and mascara. She looked so venerable and fragile. Even Mel stayed hidden under the sofa as if the room was filled with danger. It wasn't. Anymore.

Suddenly there was a loud knock at the door and Hannah jumped, clearly shaken up and a loud voice,
"Paramedics! Anyone in?" I slowly got up and glanced back at a shaking Hannah sitting on the floor.
"Keep pressure on it." I said calmly as I headed to the door.
A short blonde woman in green overalls was standing there with some equipment in a bag. She had small green eyes to match her overalls and pink cheeks. The other paramedic had long ginger hair tied up in a plated bun.  She was almost as tall as me and was smiling kindly at me.
"This way." I almost whispered as I led them through to the living room.

I walked back over to Hannah who was still shaking and crouched behind her and put my arm around her. She looked up at the paramedics with fear taking over.
"Shh... You're going to be ok." I whispered quietly.
"How did this happen love?" The short blonde paramedic asked.
"I-I- ummm..." Hannah lost her words and started to cry again. I gently rubbed her back whilst the paramedics sat down in front of her.
"Ok, we don't have to talk about it." Said the ginger one looking suspiciously at me.
"I-I didn't-" I started suddenly panicking.
"N-no... He didn't do t-this." Hannah defended me.
"Okay, let me have a look Hun." The blonde one said as she gently lifted the blood soaked tea towel off Hannah's right arm. The cut was deeper than I'd originally thought. She winced as they looked at it.
"This is going to need stitches I'm afraid." The ginger one said to Hannah who just nodded.
Then they looked at the other arm.
"W-what's this?!" The ginger one, called Lucy, said in shock. Everyone's eyes fell to the 'D' shaped cut on her upper left arm. Lucy suddenly glared up at me.
"I think we better take you to hospital." The blonde one called Terry said glaring at me.

They helped her up and helped her get into the ambulance whilst I followed carefully locking the door and giving Mel to a neighbour. Once I tried to get in the ambulance Lucy pushed me back.
"What are you doing?" I asked irritatedly.
"You can't come with us." She said sternly.
"Why?" I asked, upset.
"We can't let anyone who caused the injuries come with us." I stared at her in shock.
"I'd never hurt her. I love her." I said trying to contain my frustration.
"That's what they all say." She said calmly.
"Hannah, I love you I'll see you at the hospital." I blew a kiss to her and saw her start to panic as they closed the doors.

I immediately got in the car and zoomed off towards the hospital. I just hope they let me in.

Hannah's PoV.
"Hannah, I love you. I'll see you at the hospital." He shouted and blew a kiss towards me. Then they closed the doors. I started to panic as I realised I was being left alone with these strangers. I started to hyperventilate and have a mini panic attack.  Terry, who was in the back with me only put an oxygen mask on me then left me there.

Once at the hospital I was taken, in a wheelchair, to the A&E department and told to wait in a cubicle for the nurse to come. The curtain was slowly drawn aside to reveal a skinny dark brown haired nurse standing in front of me. She had pale pink plastic glasses, a turquoise uniform and a pink stethoscope to match her glasses.
"Hello, my name is doctor Jones. And you are... Miss Brown." She said as she closed the curtain. I nodded, not wanting to talk. She looked down at my arms suspiciously.
"How did that happen?" She questioned sensitively.
"It... was an accident." I mumbled quietly.
"If you need to talk to someone then all you say is in confidence." She said soothingly.
"N-no I don't need to." I stammered.
"Alright. This is going to need stitches. Are you scared of needles?" I nodded again.
"Ok. Do you want someone else here, a family member or friend?" She asked kindly.
I nodded again.
"Alright. I'll go and see if anyone's here." She said quickly as she left to find Mika.