Celebrate?

Hannah's PoV
Mika was kindly getting ready in the spare room leaving me in the master desperately trying to find something suitable to wear. After about an hour of trying on and finding shoes I found the perfect dress. A long flowing navy blue one with silver sparkly shoes.

Mika knocked on the door just as I applied the finishing touches to my subtle make up

Mika knocked on the door just as I applied the finishing touches to my subtle make up. When he came in his mouth dropped.
"How do I look?" I asked whilst putting some perfume on. He didn't reply. He simply came over and kissed my cheek and gently pulled me to the mirror to make me look.
"Perfect." He whispered. Then we got a taxi to the venue and waited for the guests to arrive.

The room had tables and chairs with lacy table cloths on at one end of this huge room and room for a dance at the other with a DJ booth. The walls were a creamy colour and the floor was old wooden panels. It was lit dimly but had a very grown up, posh feel to it which made me feel very out of place.

First to arrive were Fortuné, Zuleika and Yasmine. Fortuné was wearing a bow tie suit similar to Mika and actually look even more like him in this darkened room. Zuleika wore a ruby red knee length strapless dress and her hair was done up in a neat bun with her fringe left loose. Yasmine wore a dark purple long dress with wide straps which hang around her shoulders. Together they looked perfect.
"Hi!" Zuleika said whilst pulling me into a hug, forgetting about Mika.
"You look amazing!" She smiled.
"Thanks, so do you." Then she remembered Mika and gave him a hug whilst Yasmine came over to me.
"I love the book cover. It looks so much better on the book than it did on the papers." She commented when she saw the book stall in the corner.
"Thanks for helping me with that."
"No problem." She smiled as Fortuné came over.
"I see you and Mika are going back to normal." He said casually.
"We are normal now." I replied hugging him. Then my cousins arrived together.

Aisling wore a knee length black and red dress with small black boots. Whereas Jamie had a navy suit on with a lime green tie. Jamie shook hands with Mika politely and Aisling came over and hugged me. This continued as more and more guests arrived include Mika's mother, Joanie who was wearing a very dark purple dress and Paloma who was wearing some black trousers and a colourful top.
"Heya. This is amazing Hannah." I smiled and looked to Mika who had his mother straightening his bow tie and basically doing motherly things to him.
"Mika really did most of it."
"It's still really cool." She smiled. Then I saw my mum walk in followed by David.
"Excuse me a moment." I said as I walked over to David.

He had his black hair gelled back and was wearing a navy suit with a pale pink shirt underneath with the top few buttons undone. I nervously smiled up at him and said,
"Hi." He quickly pulled me into an uncomfortable hug and studied Mika whilst he was hugging me.
"That him then?" He asked coldly nodding in Mika's direction. I nodded slowly.
"He looks worse than I thought he would." He commented harshly.
"David. Please don't-"
"Don't what?" He asked sternly.
"N-nothing." I mumbled.
"That's what I thought."
I stared at the floor as I waited for him to say something. He gently pushed my chin up forcing me to look at him.
"I don't like him." He said emotionlessly as he moved his hand away.
"You don't know him." He gave me a warning look and moved over to talk to Mika who had just finished being questioned by my mother.

Mika's PoV
Hannah's mum, Janet seemed to be very nice when she wasn't freaking out in hospital about Hannah. Once she'd finished talking to me David came over looking very irritated already.
"So, you're this Mika guy Hannah's been banging on about." I already don't like his tone.
"I am." I say trying to control my annoyance. He looks me up and down in the most judgemental way humanly possible.
"You don't look like much. In fact, I don't see why she even bothers with you. Maybe the money...?" His voice disgusts me.
"It's not about appearances, it's about personality and I don't like the way you talk about my girlfriend, your sister." I retorted trying my best to stay polite.
"She's my sister I can talk about her how I please."
"Okay, just don't in front of me." I said then walked over to Hannah. Who gave me a hug.

"Don't let him get to you." She said sympathetically still hugging me.
"I've had worse don't worry." I tried to sound convincing but it was getting to me. I couldn't bare the way he talked about Hannah. I wasn't as bothered about myself. The way he looked at her was... Horrible. Like she didn't matter.

Whilst we all had dinner my songs were playing in the background and people all seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves; apart from David. He was bringing down the mood a bit. Hannah seemed to just ignore him and clearly had expected this from him. I however was not expecting it on this scale. I got dirty looks from him every two minutes even whilst Hannah read the first two chapters of her book. He hated me a lot.
Once Hannah had finished she discretely took David outside. This can't be good...

Hannah's PoV
Every few minutes I saw David give Mika a very dirty look. Even when I was reading I saw his eyes on Mika. It made me feel uncomfortable so I can't imagine how poor Mika felt. So, I took him outside to get to the bottom of it.

"David-"
"Don't you start on me!" He interrupted sounding very pissed off.
"Mika's done nothing wrong so why-"
"Shut up Hannah." He said sternly.
"DAVID!" I shouted to gain his attention.
"Mika and I are in love."
"No you're not. You're stupid little mind is just confused." He said and I snapped.
"What the hell do you know about love? You clearly don't love me or you'd let me be happy."

Slap.

I fell against the wall as I tried to regain my balance. In the process I grazed both my hands. My cheek suddenly was burning in pain as my eyes became watery. He hadn't changed after all.
"Don't you dare talk to me like that." He spat at me.
"I know what's best. Do you remember what happened last time you treated me with that much disrespect?"

I thought back to 5 years ago when I was 19. A black eye, a few cigarette burns and a sore stomach later I'd become quiet and stayed away from him.

I nodded slowly. He grabbed my chin forcefully and made me look at him.
"What was that?" He whispered.
"Y-yes." I stammered. He let go and pushed me back against the wall.
"And will anyone find out about this?" His voice suddenly filled me with fear as it did the first time this happened when I was 15. He was 19. I shook my head then felt another burning pain across the same cheek as I fell in the gravelly floor. The taste of blood entered my mouth as my lip started to bleed.
"N-no." I mumbled.
"Good girl. Now get up." He commanded as he grabbed my arm and pulled me up leaving red marks from his fingers up my arm.

I felt like a four year old, not a twenty four year old. He however felt a lot older and more powerful than a twenty eight year old. Mika's age.

He then smirked at me evilly.
"Look at the state of you! Mika won't want a girl who looks as ugly and as broken as you. Go and clean yourself up before he sees you otherwise he won't want you anymore." With that I hurriedly ran to the toilets and locked myself in a cubicle wanting to disappear completely. Forever.