Mother's Day.

A week later and it's Mother's Day.  I'm spending the day with Mika's family as my brother has made it clear he wants me away from mum. I decided to text her:
'Happy Mothers Day mum! I hope you have a nice day with David in Holland. Xx' As I sent the message I saw Mika come in, dressed in black skinny jeans and a cotton, v-necked light grey shirt with a cream jacket over the top. He smiled kindly at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"You look beautiful." He smiled.
"You're not so bad yourself." I joked and he laughed. His eyes went to my arms. The cut was almost healed. It would scar though. The 'D' cut was also nearly healed. It would also scar. He smiled sympathetically at me. I rolled down my jackets sleeves to cover them. I was wearing a light green jacket with a light blue t-shirt underneath. I was also wearing skinny white jeans and green converse.

"Come on then." I said cheerily to try and distract Mika and lift the mood a bit. I headed towards the door but Mika's hand gently stopped me by touching my arm. I looked up at him defensively.
"Hannah, it still hurts doesn't it." My eyes left his and stared at the floor instead.
"It's fine. It doesn't hurt that much." He kissed my cheek.
"You don't have to be brave Hannah."
"I know. Anyway, we need to get to Paloma's house soon." I said quickly changing the subject.

Once we got to her house we left Mel go to find Zuleika who was already here.
"Hey Paloma." I smiled as she pulled me into a hug. I discreetly winced in pain as she squeezed me. Mika noticed and gave me a I told you so look.
"Hiya." Then she turned to Mika.
"Mum will be here in 10 minutes. Fortuné is on his way with Yasmine and they'll be here in a few minutes."
"Alright. I've got my song ready for her. It's called live your life." Mika smiled proudly.
"Great!" Called Zuleika from the doorway with Mel close behind her.

I sat on the sofa with a cup of tea waiting for everyone else to arrive. Mika came and sat next to me, clearly wanting answers.
"It still hurts doesn't it?" He asked calmly.
"A bit." I replied quietly. He gently touched the cut down my arm. I flinched away. He raised his eyebrows.
"See." He said, proving his point.
"Ok, it hurts a little. But I'll be fine." I admitted. He gently turned my face to look at him and gave me a little kiss on the lips. I looked behind him to see both Paloma and Zuleika staring at us and I turned a light shade of pink.
"Do you mind?" Mika asked sarcastically. They both laughed. Fortuné and Yasmine entered the room looking very confused.
"Hello. What's going on?" Yasmine asked.
"Oh, just Mika and Hannah being romantic." Paloma joked. Mika pulled me close and kissed the top of my head to make a point.
"Get a room!" Fortuné joked.
"Who's getting a room with who?" Joanie's voice came from the front door.
"No one mum!" Mika called back giving Fortuné an evil look.
"Right, everyone to the table." Paloma called from the kitchen, where she had retreated to.

Mika and I sat next to each other at the table opposite Zuleika, Yasmine and Fortuné between them. Paloma sat opposite Joanie at the end of the table. We had a delicious roast dinner. Roast lamb, crispy roast potatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, sprouts and Yorkshire puddings. Paloma has clearly gone through a lot of effort to make this. We sat in silence for the first few minutes as everyone enjoyed the amazing food Paloma made.

After Mika got up and sat at the piano by the wall.

Mika's PoV
I got up and sat at the piano and started to play live your life. As I was singing I turned to look at Hannah and mum and both were smiling and clearly liked my song.
"That's lovely darling." Mum said once I'd finished. She pulled me down for a motherly kiss.
"Mum..." I started to complain.
"It's Mother's Day I'm allowed to kiss you." She joked.
"Happy Mother's Day mum!" Fortuné said cheerily as he handed her his extension designs for her little house. She carefully looked over these plans and said;
"Oh Fortuné! These are amazing ideas!" She gave him a hug and a peck on the cheek as Zuleika came over. She handed mum a small box. Mum slowly opened it and her jaw dropped.
"Honey, it's wonderful." She almost whispered from shock. He held up this necklace with triangular segments on each filled with different colours, jewels and mirrors. Zuleika helped mum put it on and it really suited her. Yasmine gave mum a framed drawing of the five of us. Mum started crying because she was so happy.
"Thank you! I am so proud of my babies." Mum said as she pulled the five of us into a hug.

I took Hannah home after and she seemed happy. We entered the flat and Mel went straight to her bed and flopped in it. Hannah went and sat on the bed and lied down. I lied next to her.
"Alright?" I asked casually.
"Hmm." She nodded.
"I'll tickle you." I threatened.
"I just think that last week was-" I decided to interrupt her.
"Hannah. Last week is in the past. All that matters is that I have you and that David won't hurt you now. He's in a different country. If he ever comes near you I'll go to the police. Alright. I'll protect you." I tried to comfort her. She sighed and buried her head into my chest.
"I love you." She mumbled. I kissed her head.
"I love you too." I replied as Mel jumped into the bed next to us. She snuggled up on the other side of me. I moved to get more comfortable but realised she had fallen asleep and so had Mel. My little family. My beautiful girls, my world complete.