Distractions

Vanessa's P.O.V.

To say it has been a crazy year would be an understatement. I released my very first EP and my fans loved it. My label wants me to start my full length album as soon as possible, because my EP was such a success. Justin is also doing great, he's been working on some new upcoming projects. He hasn't really spoken about them specify, because he wants to keep them on the low. Kimberly is moving in with me and is starting a clothing line as well. She has designed the last few dress I've worn. People are starting to call her, because they love the dresses so much. Then there's just Austin left...
He's kinda been on a break from his music. He's been having trouble with himself lately. He won't talk me about it, but I can tell something is going on with him. He's began to become more distant lately. He use to call me 2 times a day and now I'm luck if I get one call a day.

"Vanessa!" I heard Phil call my name, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said turning to face him.

"I asked what you thought about the stadium?" He asked crossing his arms out in front of him.

We were currently in a meet with my team, discussing the arena I liked for my show next month. We were sitting around the table in Phil's meeting room, when he asked me what I thought.

"Which one?" I asked confused, about which arena he was talking about.

"The one in Brooklyn, New York?" He said giving me one of those looks you give someone, when you're studying them to see what is going on with them.

"Oh.. Umm.." I said unsure.

When he said what arena he was talking about, the memories triggered like if life was trying to beat me. Bring back the memories to were Austin and I were in a good place.

Flashback

"Vanessa don't climb up there, you're going to fall" Austin said

"Don't worry, I got this" I waved him off

"Vanessa don't" He said louder as I started climbing

As I was climbing up I made sure to hold on tight. I was only a few feet away from the tangle wires. I was also pretty high from the ground. I climbed one more step and I was finally able to touch the wires. I tried to untangle them, but they were really tight. With one hand I held on to the bars, while with the other one I tried to untangle the wires. I soon felt my foot slip off the bar and I lost control of my balance.

"VANESSA!" I heard Austin yell

"She's going to fall!" One of the workers said

I tried to grab on to the bars with my other hand, but I was too late. My other hand slipped off the bar and I couldn't hold on to anything.

"AAHHH!" I yelled scared as I slipped

I shut my eyes tight and before I new it I felt strong arms around me. I slowly opened my eyes to find an angry Austin, who had caught me.

"I told you not to climb up!" Austin said angry

I just wrapped my arms around him tightly as if my life depended on it. I wrapped my legs around his torso and buried my face in his shoulders.

"You could have hurt yourself!" He scolded me.

"Im okay" I said softly as I still had my arms around him.