How She Is

Austin's P.O.V.

We were eating at the International House of Pancakes. Logan and Vanessa were sitting in a booth together across from me. We talked about how Logan would soon be starting school and how he felt about it. He was actually pretty excited. When we were all done eating I asked for the check. After paying for the food we walk back to the car together. I got in the driver seat and started the car.

"Austin can we go to the park?" I hear Logan ask from the back.

"You want to go play at the playground?" I asked making a right turn.

"Yeah. You think we can ride our bikes?" He asked.

"Well Vanessa and I didn't bring our bikes" I say with my eyes on the road.

"You can use Mommy's and Daddy's bikes!" He yells.

"Well see what your mom thinks" I say chuckling.

I quickly turn to look at Vanessa. She was smiling really wide, while looking down at her phone. I wonder whats going on? Whats making her smile so big? What ever it is I hope it last long because she looks even more beautiful when she smiles.

"Whats up" I say poking Vanessa's side.

"Huh?" She giggles.

"Why so smiley?" I ask

"Oh! Just texting Tenzin and Julia. They're freaking out with the whole You & Me dating thing. They want to meet you to see if they approve you?" She says with bits of laughs.

"Oh Man! I have to be approved again?" I joked.

"Ay its not my fault people love me so much, that they want to make sure I don't get hurt" she says giggling.

"But I would never hurt you" I say quickly looking at her and then back on the road.

"I know" She says as she draws circles on my hand with her thumb.

"So what do you say about that bike ride, that Logan was talking about?" I ask, stopping at a red light.

"I mean, do you want to go?" She asked.

"I would" I say shrugging.

"Then lets go" She says and I can picture her smiling.

"Alright Logan, we'll ask if we can go" I say as we're pulling up his driveway.

As soon as I turn off the car Logan runs out yelling "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"

"I don't think that was safe?" I hear Vanessa say as she gets out of the car.

"How was I suppose to know he was going to do that?" I say as I put my arm over her shoulder, when we meet in front.

"Well thats why you lock the doors, especially with a 5 year old in the back" She says as she wraps an arm around my waist.

"I should really start doing that" I say walking up the front stair with her.

We reached the front door and I opened it, letting Vanessa in first. I walk behind Vanessa with both my hands on either side of her waist. We walk down the hall, making our way into the living room. When we get to the living room we see my aunt laughing with Logan.

Logan runs to us when he sees us "Mommy says you can use her's and Daddy's bike"

"Okay go get ready then bud" I tell him.

"Logan says you're going to the park" my aunt says as her approaches us.

"Yeah. He wanted to go with the bikes but we didn't bring ours." I explained.

"Yeah he told me. But you can use ours" She says smiling.

"Thanks." I say.

"Yeah. You know you don't have to ask. Your always welcome to use them. Im gonna tell Sandy to get the bikes ready." My aunts says.

"Okay, thanks again." I says as she walks out.

Vanessa turns around so she was now facing me. She puts her arms around my neck and my hands still at her sides. I began to lean in. Right when I was about to touch her lips, she turns her face, letting me kiss her cheeks. I chuckled at the move she just made on me. I just cant believe I would fall again. I mean I know she dislikes being all lovely mode when my family's around. She thinks that it would be disrespectful of us. She only try's to hold my hand, kiss my cheek or just sit really close to me, when my family's around. Thats why my family loves her, it means a lot to them that she cares about not being disrespectful. Thats only one of the many things I love about her. Thats how she is, she'll do what I want to make me happy. Like with the bikes thing, I know she doesn't want to but she does it for Logan and I. She wont act all smoochy mode with me when our families are around. Thats absolutely okay with me when her uncles are around. When we're at her house she'll always make sure to ask me if I want to eat. She'll make me my food. She'll sit really close to me on the couch but thats as far as she takes it. Its funny when you come to think of it because when we're alone at my house, she'll play around with me, she'll snuggle really close with me, she'll sit on my lap, she'll make out with me or she'll kiss me randomly. Its okay with me because these are things that I get to keep to myself about her. Things that only I know about her. Something that only her and I know.

"What?" Vanessa says and she pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I say confused

"You were just smiling like crazy? What were you thinking about?" She asked.

"How much I love how you are and how I would never change anything about you" I say with a smile.

"Your saying that because of how I don't want to kiss you with your aunt around, aren't you?" She says.

"Im saying that because it means a lot that you care about my family. Im not just saying that because of not smooching in front of my aunt, but also because you want to see Logan happy or when you make my mom happy" I tell her as I run my fingers though her curly hair.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked

"Anything" I say smiling

"I think I've learn to love your family. Like really love them, like if they were my own. I would do anything to see them happy. Not because they're my boyfriend's family, but because they make me feel safe and welcomed." She tells me.

At that moment I felt my stomach make a thousand back flips. I've never seen Vanessa more beautiful than she is right now. The words she just said were like music to my ears. I know that she is the one for me.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask

She nods.

"I think I just fell in love with you all over again" I say smiling.

I felt her arms tighten around my neck, pulling me closer to her. She slowly began to lean in. She looks into my eyes, her eyes looking down at my lips only to bring them back to my eyes a few seconds later. I felt myself leaning in closer to her too.

"Austin, Im ready!" Logan yells running toward us.

Vanessa quickly pulls away, scratching the back of her head. So see her face turning bright red quickly. I chuckled at how cute she looked.

"Don't laugh!" She whisper yelled, lightly hitting my arm.

"Vanessa lets go!" Logan yells taking Vanessa's hand and pulling her outside

"Logan don't hurt Vanessa" I tell him, seeing that he's maybe pulling to hard. I walk outside seeing that the bikes were ready for us. Logan is all ready and on his bike. Vanessa take the pink bike and I take the black.

"Ready?" I ask them.

"Yes!" Logan yells

"I'll stay behind watching him" Vanessa says getting behind Logan.

"I guess that means I'll lead then" I say, starting to ride the bike.

"Yay!" I hear Logan behind me yell.