What's Wrong

Austin's P.O.V.

It's been 3 days sense my date with Vanessa. Lately we've been hanging a lot with my family. Now that Vanessa's staying with me for awhile, they want to get the chance to meet her. Happily everyone in the family loves her. They think she's nice, respectful, caring and polite. They love her presence. Lately she's been feeling a little bit down but she fakes a smile. I don't really know what's bothering her but I know she's feeling down. I've tried asking what's wrong but she says she's fine. I know for a fact that when a girl says that, it's not fine. No matter how many times I ask, she won't tell me. Yes, she laughs and smiles for real but at times she just zones out. She gets pulled in deep with her thoughts. These aren't thought that make her smile, but thoughts that make her upset.

I was driving on my way back to the house. I went to the store to get Logan and Brandon a new toy that had just came out. I had asked Vanessa to come with me but she didn't want to come. I was now pulling up my driveway. I decided that I would leave the gifts in the car. I would give it to the boys when I see them. If I brought them in I would forget to bring them with me, when I went to visit them. I pulled my keys out and stepped out of the car. I unlocked the door and set my keys on the counter next to the door. I look around and the house is completely quiet. I know my mom is probably in the garden, watering the plants. I don't see Vanessa in sight. I walk in the living room and I see Vanessa. She's just sitting on the piano bench, starring at the piano keys. She's doing it again, she's zoning out. I slowly walk towards her and sit next to her.

"Would you like to learn?" I asked

"Huh?" She says confused

"Would you like to learn how to play" I asked again

"Not right now" Vanessa said

She slowly stood up to walk away. I don't know what's wrong with Vanessa but I need to find out. As she walked pass me, I grabbed on to her wrist.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked one last time.

"I already told you, nothing. I'm fine" she shrugged

"No Vanessa. No more telling me your fine when you're clearly not" I said standing up.

"Well I don't know what it is you want me to tell you than?" She said

"The truth" I whispered putting my free hand on her neck.

"Truth is I'm fine, Austin" she said pulling apart from my grip and started walking to the stairs.

"What happened to trusting each other, Vanessa?" I said loud enough so she could hear me and indeed she did, stopping mid track.

She turned around and started walking down the stairs.

"You really wanna know what's wrong?" She said on the last step.

I nodded

"That I miss home, Austin! I miss hanging out with my family. When I saw you with your family, I saw how happy you were with them. How you all made jokes and laughed. Family is the one thing that can always make you smile. I saw it with you and your family, they make you smile. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time with your family. It just made me miss mine" She said

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked slowly walking towards her

"For what, Austin? I can't even go to the store without having your team tell me, I need to bring someone to protect me. What was the point? I can't go out with my family because I'm afraid we'll get mobbed" she said quietly

I let out I sigh I didn't even know I was holding in.

"What do you want to do, princess?" I asked standing in front of her.