Last Train Home

Vanessa's P.O.V.

I felt the sun shine through my eyes as I laid in bed. I flutter my eyes open until I could see clearly. I turned to face my clock on my nightstand, reading that is was 7:05am. I laid my head back on my pillow when I saw what time it was. As I laid in my bed, last nights encounter played in my head again. When I left the studio I came straight home. I went straight to my bed and quickly fell asleep. I didn't allow myself to be awake, because I knew I would began to cry. I couldn't allow myself to cry for someone who didn't deserve it.

"Okay, Vanessa. Time to start your day." I said confidently.

I threw the bed covers over me and I stood up from my bed. I was wearing a black tank-top and blue sleeping shorts. I picked up my phone and dialed Phil's number.

"Hey Vanessa!" Phil answered the phone.

"Hey Phil! I need a favor." I said.

"What's up?" Phil asked.

"Can you get me a new phone with a new number?" I asked.

"A completely new phone?" Phil asked.

"Yeah, I want to get rid of this phone as soon as possible." I explained to him.

"Okay, I'll get you it by tonight." Phil said.

"Thank you" I said through the phone.

"No problem." Phil said.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I told him.

"Okay, bye kiddo." Phil said.

I hung up and set the phone on the nightstand. I walked to the bathroom and fixed myself up. Then I went downstairs to get a cardboard box I had in the storage closet. I brought the box back to my room and set it on the floor next to my bed.

"Okay, Vanessa. Time to get rid of things." I said taking the deep breath.

I walked to my closet taking out every piece of clothing that Austin ever gave me. I threw all the clothing in the box. I picked up the frame that was displayed on my nightstand, that held a picture of Austin and me in it. I took the photo out of the frame and ripped it in half and threw it in the box. I opened the cabinet under my nightstand and took out a box that held photos of Austin and I. I ripped up every photo and threw them all in the box. I went back into my closet, taking out all the teddy bears Austin had once given to me. I threw them into the box, along with all the little notes.

By the time I had boxed everything Austin had given to me, I had 4 full boxes. I called Dylan to come in and take the boxes to get rid of them. He did as he was told and got rid of the boxes. I went back into my room and took out a picture I had of Justin and I. I looked at the picture for a couple of minutes. Just thinking to myself where Justin might be right now. If he was doing good or if he was having fun on tour. I quickly shook my head trying to get rid of all thoughts. I took the picture into my closet and put it on the top shelf.

"He left. He wanted to go a different path. He's going his way and you need to go yours. You don't need any of them." I told myself out loud as I walked out of the closet.

I looked around my room making sure I had gotten rid of everything I needed to. I had taken out all of Austin's gift, making more room in my bedroom. I had replaced photos of Austin and me with pictures of my family. In that moment my door bell rang, making me wonder who is was. I walked out of my room, as I headed down the stairs. I opened up the door to reveal Jason and Phil.

"Hey! What are guys doing here? Come on in." I said opening the door wider.

"I told you I was gonna come and drop off your new phone." Phil said.