It's not your fault

"So guys, sorry girls, this is my horrible house which is nothing but a pile of..."
"Are you serious?!! I would dream to have this house." I say at the sound of Luke's disgusting words
"You can have it for free and I'll have your house. At least i will have a better than this one." The rolling of Luke's eyes make me wonder why he doesn't love this house.
"Luke, why don't you like your house, i mean you have everything you want and need."
"I just don't."
"But why?" I'm still puzzled
"I just don't ok! Just stop talking about it!"
"Sorry i was just asking." I continue looking around his house but my mind was so busy trying to figure out why Luke doesn't like this house that I couldn't tell anyone what I saw. 
"Jessy, you alright? You seem a bit scared and even frighten." The alarm I here in Elis' voice is shocking!
"Can we do what we came here to do?"
"Yes, we are doing it in the lounge." Luke looks mad at me and I don't like is tone of voice.
2 hours pasted, when we finally decided to go home.
"Jessy! Stop!" I'm just getting in the taxi when Luke yells at me.
"What?"
"Don't leave, I can't beware the thought of you leaving when i yelled at earlier. You can stay for dinner and I will explain it to you?"
"Fine, but it better be a good dinner."
"I'm an outstanding cook, if I may say so myself." I smile and take Luke's offer. Waving goodbye to Elis and Jade I wonder what they are thinking, what they are feeling.

When dinner was severed they was no conversation. I enjoyed eating this meal despite the silence as I was eating with Luke. Each mouthful I eat made me realize something, even though Luke is rich and has good looks there is so much more to him then I thought. I never knew Luke could cook and that he was a good cook! But that wasn't the surprising part, the surprising part was how he only focused on the plate of food in front of him.
Eventually we both finished dinner and sat in the lounge where finally some small but delightful conversation started
"So, why did you invite me to dinner?"
"I told you, so I could explain my behaviour earlier."
"So, why did you behave like that?"
"Well, it's kind of a long story. It all started when I was about 10 years old. I had a brother called Mikey. I was young and stupid. New to this way of life. I had no idea what I was doing. I was high on some drug that Mikey had given me. We were arguing about the TV remote and I hit him, I kept hitting him. When I stopped his face no longer looked normal, both his eyes were black, his nose swollen and his lip dripping with blood. I can never forget the look he gave before I went flying through the window. So much shouting, punching and kicking. I managed to climb back through the window when Mikey pulled a gun on me" tears  starting to roll down Luke's face "he yelled at me to stop or he would have to shoot me. But I didn't, I hit him in face a grabbed the gun out of his hands. He was yelling no, but I didn't listen, I took no note of his yells. He started to get up and when he did I shot him. My Dad came running down stairs when he heard the gun shot. I remember him crying begging Mikey to wake up, it was the first time I had ever seen my dad cry. He took one look at me and told me I'm no longer his little boy. Mikey when 16 years old when I killed him. I killed my own brother! Who does this make me? A murder, A GOD DAMN MURDER! I SERVED TIME FOR GOODNESS SAKE, 5 YEARS! FORVER AND ALWAYS BE A MURDER! I just want to see Mikey again and tell him I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I never meant to kill him, I never meant to shoot him." The tears keep rolling down Luke's face making me cry.
"Luke, please, your a good person. Don't punish yourself because you couldn't control your emotions. It's not your fault, it's not your fault." I take hold of Luke's hand trying to comfort him.
"How can you say it's not my fault? I SHOT HIM! That is my fault. But Jessy please listen to me now."
"I'm listening."
"We all have secrets and we all have a past but please don't tell anyone about this. If you do it will ruin my life. I've been trying for 2 years not have to go back."
"Go back where?"
"Prison. I was told by the police that the judge ,who handled my case, said he wanted a message passed on when I got relished. The message was simple and clear, don't tell anyone or you'll be put back in prison. So I didn't tell anyone, I was so focused on trying to forget about it but at the same time I was so focused on trying to please Mikey and do everything I can to try and feel like Mikey would forgive me."

The front door opened a drunk man walked in. Stumbling all over the place the man managed to sling himself on the sofa.
"Dad, please." I'm shocked when Luke said the  word dad.
"What?"
"Can you just leave please, go to bed or something."
"FINE!"