Oxygen Theif

Doctor Zac jumps out the car and puts an oxygen mask over my mouth.

"Jessy it's okay." Luke reassures me. Just the way he did when I past out right before the train crash.

I shiver at the thought of that.

Listening to the article, remembering the crash. It's all the things that you wouldn't want to happen, really.

Almost like meeting the hottest guy ever then finding out he's gay!

Okay maybe not quite the same, but it's still the same feeling. Isn't it?

I pull the oxygen mask off my face and sit up combing my hair with my fingers at the same time.

"What would I do if I didn't have you?" I say remembering a line of poetry my mum used to read to me.

"I don't know. Die... Accidentally that is" Luke says answering my rhetorical question.

"No," I tut. "It's line from a poem, my mum used to read it to me every night when I was little. It's a beautiful poem from what I remember. To be honest it's the only line I do remember. And it fact it's two lines!" I say correcting myself.

I start coughing and Zac puts the mask back over my mouth.

"Just don't take it off." He says.

A hand pats my back and I turn to see Elis' face and hand patting me.

I frown quizzically while trying to stay alive.

"Jessy it's because you're my best friend who doesn't have long left. I don't want you to go while we are still on bad terms. I haven't forgiven you though!" Elis says answering the question I had in my head.

"Right back at you." I just about manage to say in between coughs.

My lungs start to feel like they are burning, and I think I'm not getting enough oxygen anymore.

Almost like somebody turned to oxygen off.  

I look at the oxygen tank and it seems to still be on and have plenty of oxygen left.

Maybe the end has come!

Maybe that's a bit drastic! Just a tad.

But, I quickly start to realize that it's drastic at all.

I wake to Zac shinning a torch in my eyes, Luke turning the Dial on the oxygen tank and Jade and Elis standing in tears.

"Jessy." A voice says but it's too wobbly and blurry for me too fully understand.

My eyes start moving without me actually doing anything and I can feel myself slipping.

Just a week ago I wanted to die and now that I can literally see my life flash before my eyes I don't want.

I have a super hot ex-boyfriend as my doctor, a gorgeous crush who is my best friend, a stunning blonde haired best friend and a clever best friend. That's all I need, all I ever wanted.

Ok maybe not the ex-boyfriend just super hot doctor would be nice.

I hear a loud scream of my name followed by two huge sobs.

A voice is yelling something and my chest is being pushed up and down on.

I'm having CPR done on me.

This is not what I wanted.

I want to live.

I let a breath out and the CPR stops. I'm gonna fight this as best as I can. I. AM. NOT. DYING!

That's the last thought that went through my head before the CPR started again. Before I woke to a white ceiling.

I let a tear fall and slowly turn my head to the left.

Revealing a heart monitor, a table with a cup of water on, and a white wall.

My head slowly turns right revealing a window with people rushing by, two empty chairs, another table with a bag of clothes on and some drips.

I look to my hand and see a cannula.

Why? What have I done?

This is not a good sign. It's a terrible, horrible sign!

I look to my other hand and see nothing. Which is odd.

I sit upright in bed letting my feet dangle off the edge. I brave it out and stand on two feet. And head for the door.

It's only 3 meters away but it feels like 1000 meters.

It might have taken over a minute to get to the door, but as soon as I do I open it.

Walk out onto the ward. I spot Doctor Zac and I guess he spotted me as he runs towards me.

"Stay in bed, Jessy please." He says putting me in bed then leaving.

Which is odd for him.

A/N
Sorry it's been a long time since i last updated. Just been busy. Hopefully I will be a bit more around. Please enjoy though. Don't forget to vote and comment and if you haven't already please vote and comment on my other chapters, I would really appreciate it.
Peace out✌️