Just Drama

"It's okay Jessy." Luke says, giving me comfort.

I stand up, out of his warm embrace.

"I'm sorry sir. I really am." I tell Mr Harris.

"It's okay, Jessy. You're still grieving." I know Mr Harris is an understanding guy but he really doesn't understand. Why would I be grieving over someone I don't know?

"I only just remembered yesterday." I tell him. He nods and turns to sit on his chair by his desk.

I sit down on the blue chair I was sitting on moments before.

I can't believe I let myself cry like that, in front of everyone.

Elis must be happy, seeing me broken.

I can't help but think that. This is all she wanted; me to die.

The bell goes.

Yes.

No more hell. I wait outside for Luke, Jade and Elis.

Elis walks out first but doesn't wait with me. Luke and Jade come. They both raise their eyebrows as to say, what have you done?

"I did nothing, she just walked past!" I defend myself. It's not my fault she hates me.

Maybe it is actually.

But that doesn't matter. It's break now, and I'm glad. No more hospital food but decent food from the school cafe.

I wait in the line but Ms Lee spotted and told me that Luke, Jade and I could go through and beat the line. There's some perks to having cancer I guess.

I collect a chicken and mushroom pasty from the warm shelf and a bottle of fizzy orange juice.

I pay for my lunch and join my friends.

We had to the Sixth Form Room where most of the Sixth-formers eat their Lunch and spend their time.

"So what did you write about, Jade?" Luke asks.

"I wrote about my puppy. Well it's not a puppy anymore. But I wrote about when I first saw it." Jade explain.

"That's interesting." Luke states.

"So Luke what did you write about?" I ask.

"My brother, and how brilliant he was." I smile.

"That's nice. I'm sure he would have loved it." I'm still smiling.

"I hope so, it took a lot to write." He smiles.

"Okay, what am I missing guys? Is there something going between you or is there something else?" Jade asks waving her fork, chewing her pasta and removing some of her brunette hair from her mouth.

"What?! No! There's nothing going on between." Luke answer while I'm still looking at Jade with disgust.

"Then, what is it?" She asks.

"Luke's brother wasn't as nice as I first thought." I state. "So I just think it's funny that Luke wrote about him." I look at Luke, he looks relieved.

"Oh, okay." I think that's shut Jade up.

"Oi! Jessy!" It's Amy. "What the hell was that in English? Some sob story?"

"Why do you care? It's not like it has anything to do with you!" I yell back.

"Wait you know?" She asks concerningly.

"Know what?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter just forget it." She shrugs and walks away.

"What was that about?" Jade asks.

"I don't know but I think it has something to do with my dad's death." I say while frowning.

I don't want anymore drama. If it is what I think it is about then drama is all I'm gonna get.

I sign audibly and dumb my face.

"Is drama all I'm gonna get in my last few months?" I put my hands in my head.

"Possibly." Jade answers.

"Oh no!" I bash my head on the table.

That won't help at all either.

I sit up to eat my pasty. I take a mouth. I'm in heaven.

"This is the best food I've tasted in ages." I say taking another bite.

"Really?" Luke looks at me weirdly.

"Ive had hospital food for weeks, this is the nicest food I've eaten for weeks." I raise my eyebrows.

"I guess so." Luke nods and picks up his chicken burger to take a bite.

I must ask for the report of my dad death when we drive past the police station on the way home.

If what I think is true then I cannot ignore it.

I take another bite and look out the window.

Elis is yelling at Amy and Millie and looks like she is gonna punch then both in their face.

"Guys," I say slapping both their arms. "It's Elis, outside. We need to stop her."

We all hop out our seat. And run to the door.

Jade swings it open.

Jade runs the sensible way, while I hop over a picnic table and the fence and Luke hops over the fence.

Luke pulls Elis back. While Jade and I try to defuse Amy and Millie.

"This wasn't planned." I tell Jade while Amy is yelling something.

"Damn right!" She says back.

Amy tries to push past me. I shove her. "Hey, you're not getting past."  I yell.

"You brat!" Millie yells back.

"Thank you." I say. Jade laughs making me laugh.