Secrets kill harder then cancer

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?" I say trying to find some inspiring quote to show strength.

"Jessy?" It's Jade's voice "I don't think i that applies here." She says pulling away from the group hug of sobs we were having.

"What you saying!?" I snap back alerting Luke and Elis with my angry tone. "You saying I'm gonna die because of a beatable disease of mine?" I question angrily.

"Jessy," Luke says holding my hand "it's ok to find it hard, you've just been told horrible news. We understand but this disease you have isn't beatable, Jessy you're gonna die." Luke's voices wobbles with sadness and grief.

"I don't want to die." I sob pulling Luke into a hug.

"Is there anyone we can call for you? Parents? Family?" One of the doctors say. I had forgotten they were still in the room to be honest.

Luke finishes the embrace and I attempt wipe my tears which keep falling.

"Ummm... Yes. My Mum." I say in between sobs.

I get a sharp look from Luke and Elis immediately jumps up from her seat. 

"Er... Doctor not her Mum she died a week ago." Elis says sending us all into shock.

"Oh ok." And with that the doctors all walk out.

"Elis how did you know Mum died? I didn't tell you! And she died two days ago! Not a week ago!" I say sitting up in the hospital bed of mine.

"Umm... Jessy you have been in this hospital for 5 days so it is a week since your Mum died." Luke says out of the blue.

"What? A week? Even so how did Elis now she died, I only told you." Tears still falling.

"I don't know maybe Elis should answer that." Luke says turning his head in Elis' direction.

"I need the loo, i will be back soon."  She says with a sort of jolt in her. She gets up and leaves.

I wave Luke and Jade to follow her and demand and answer from her. They both get up. Luke nodes to say he understands and Jade stares at me knowing the secret I have. I acknowledge this looking knowing it also means i may not like the answer. I wave her along and Jade immediately looks away.

They both leave the room to hassle Elis for the answer. And I'm left alone with my thoughts.

I wonder why the train crash came to mind before and after I passed out. I also wonder why was it in my mind after I passed out.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I wake to hear Jade's voice considerably raised for her.

"What!? Elis how could you? You know that her Mum was the only family she had! Why would you do that?!" Elis' voice was to hushed to make out what was saying.

Jade's voice I once again heard.

"You have to tell Jessy, she has a right to know that you..." Jade sentence was cut off by Elis yelling, " I will tell her but she has just been told she is gonna die!"

Then Elis is walking in to sit down. Luke and Jade follow in after her.

I decide to not ask about because it obviously made Jade angry and I don't want her thinking I was earwigging as I didn't trust her.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A few awkward silenced hours past and I decide to break the silence and ask what they were talking about.

"Guys, can I ask? What were you talking or rather yelling about outside a few hours ago? It something about Elis having to tell me something but what? If it's anything to do with me I need know. And soon rather then later as you know I only have 3 months to live." I say in duh voice.

"Well, I can tell you in 3 months time then." Elis says annoying with her tone of voice.

"Elis, that's the maximin Jessy has she die  could like right now. Why don't you just tell her now." Luke says hurting me by saying i could die right now.

"NO! I won't!" Elis says in a raised voice emphasizing the NO.

"YES YOU WILL!!" Jade shouts sending a shiver down my spin. "Or I will."

"Fine ok, don't shout love." Elis says in a it-doesn't-matter-anyway tone.

"Jessy I was the one... To... To... T... I... Like... I... Killed your Mum." Elis says after a good thirty seconds erring.

"YOU WHAT!!??" I yelled as loud as could.

"I'm sorry I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing." Elis says in a plea.

I take a minute to process what has actually been said to me. Then my thoughts are broken by Jade.

"Jessy tell Elis your secret as well it's only fair."  At this Elis looks at me with her arms folded and a stern look on her face.

"Umm.... Well.... Your parents. It was my fault the car accident happened. I was in the car with my Mum and I sort of made her swerve and crash into you."

"What?" Elis' mouth drops open and Luke gives me a funny look.

"Secrets kill harder then cancer." Jade says creating an awkward silence.