Funeral Part 2

It's August 17th.

Today's the day.

Luke and Elis headed to Jade house together. Luke gave a steady knock on the door.

A middle aged man answered the door.

"Who are you?" He questioned.

"Umm... My name is Luke and this is Elis. We're here because Jade said it would be alright if we spend the morning together." Luke nodded to Elis in a nervous way.

"Jade you bitch! Did you say kids can come here?" The man yelled upstairs.

"Yes I did Dad." Jade's voice was quiet as if she didn't want Luke and Elis to notice the last word of her sentence.

But that didn't work.

Luke and Elis looked at each other in shock! Jade didn't talk about her parents much.

Elis and Luke both mouthed dad to each other.

"Why you little..." The middle aged man stormed upstairs at a fast pace, which meant Luke and Elis can't hear the last couple of words he said.

After a few moments of silence, a scream came from upstairs. Followed by a loud yell of "please dad! Don't hurt me! Not today!" It was Jade.

A loud and sudden thud came from the floor boards.

Luke stepped into the house and called out to Jade.

"Jade! You alright?" He stood on his tip toes out of nervousness.

"Help me Luke!" She yelled from her bedroom. Right before she screamed again.

Luke and Elis ran up the stairs and found their way to Jade's room.

The sight was horrible. Jade had a bloody nose and split lip. Her dad was in top of her, on the floor, and was beating Jade's face with his fist and his belt.

"Get off her!" Elis yelled.

Luke grabbed the mans arms avoiding the belt and his fist.

"You son of a bitch!" He yelled as he slammed his face against Jade's bedroom wall.

Elis picked up Jade, so she wasn't on the floor, and ushered her out of the room to downstairs.

She directed Jade to the kitchen. Elis pulled out an ice pack from the freezer and the first aid kit that was kept in a drawer.

"Luke let's go!" Elis yelled from the kitchen.

A couple of heavy footsteps landed on the floor boards. And Luke appeared at the top of the staircase.

He ran down the stairs and out of the door. He spun round and hurried Jade and Elis up.

Jade grabbed some keys and Elis carried the ice pack and first aid kit.

Luke slammed the door when Elis and Jade had got out of the house.

They were just in time. Jade's dad had slammed his face against the door as it was closed.

Luke, Jade and Elis ran to a car. Jade throw the keys to Luke and he unlocked it, hopping into the drivers seat.

Elis and Jade hopped into the back. Luke started the engine and reversed backwards.

Jade's dad had managed to open the door and was yelling something at the them but they didn't care.

"Well that was an adventure. Is everyone alright?" Luke said after the adrenaline had stopped traveling around his body.

"Jade has a split lip and a nose bleed but that's it." Elis said as the car whizzed around a bend.

"Where are we going?" Jade questioned as she looked out the window.

"To the park." Luke said. It was short and to the point.

"That's a good idea." Jade responded.

The rest of the journey was silent. We could only hear the radio and the car engine.

Smile by Avril Lavigne was playing. Although it was silent, you could ear Luke, Elis and Jade talking to each other using telepathic communications.

Luke pulled up into the park's car park and found a free space.

It was oddly quiet. You couldn't hear the annoying year 8's that usually played football at this time.

And the 20 year olds who smoked pot wasn't there. It was as if the town fell to a holt. All because if Jessy.

Elis found a bench which overlooked the graveyard.

Jade laid down on Elis' lap and Luke took a seat on a rock by the bench.

They all stared in the same directions. With the same thought in their heads.

"Don't you think it's a little ironic? Jessy's favorite song was playing on the radio and we were going to the park to look a the graveyard that she's going to be buried in?" Jade questioned in a muffled tone.

"I don't think it's ironic, I think it's perfect. Well not Jessy being dead but everything else." Like stated as a small smile crossed that corners of his mouth.

"Is everything set for her funeral?" Elis asked.

"You know you can say her name." Luke tutted at the end of his sentence. Elis gave him a sideways glance.

"It just feels wrong." Elis justified herself.

"Anyway, I think it is." Luke says.

"There's just one thing left to do." Jade added.

"Oh yes. Practice our speak." Luke had a tone of correction.

All three of them stood up and pulled out their speaks.

They started and took it in turns to read aloud their speaks.

After they had all finished Elis spoke. "Jessy will be so happy. It's gonna be the best damn funeral ever!" A huge smiled crossed everybody's face.

"Damn right!" Jade and Luke said in unison.

"Let's go." Elis said as she started walking. "We need to get ready."