Yeah, I have.

Xavier didn't pester me about what happened before I came to the school, but he hoped that I would talk about my past. I guess part of me wanted to share it with someone but I didn't want any pity. I turned out ok even though my life has sucked up to this point.

It was my fourth day in the school when Xavier finally asked the question that I was actually dreading. I don't want anyone to know what I had to do while in Stryker's care but he would find out eventually.

"Have you killed anyone, Allison?" He asks. I bite my lip hoping to find the right way to tell him.

"Yeah, I have." I say as I slowly look up at him. "I didn't have a choice though." I say worried that he would kick me out because of it.

"Tell me what happened." Xavier instructs me and I think back to that day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I was twelve when Stryker sent me on my first mission. I was terrified but I knew that he would punish me if I didn't obey and my back was barely healing from the last whipping. I was with a couple of his other experiments but they weren't worried about what was going to happen.

The mission was to bring back a couple more mutants to experiment on. I didn't want to make anyone go through what I was already going through so I tried to help one of them escape. That was the worst thing I could have done. When I got back to the compound, Alexander, who was the one in charge of the mission, told Stryker what I had done.

Stryker was furious with me. Needless to say, he whipped me in front of everyone. Seven more lashes on my already injured back. I cried out in pain as my old wounds were opened up. I stayed awake during the whole thing and afterwards Stryker made me kill the man that I tried to help. I cried as I aimed the gun at his head. I pulled the trigger and the man died, but I never forgave myself for that day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I told Xavier my story and he seemed to feel sorry for me. I'm only fifteen and I've seen more horrible things in my life than anyone should. My life is too devastating to share but I can give people small peeks into my past.

"I'm sorry, Allison." Xavier says but I shake my head.

"It's not your fault Xavier. Anyways I'm ok now, I'll get better with time." I reply even though I know that's not true. I won't get better and that's what scares me. "Can we talk about something else?" I ask after a few minutes of silence.

"When do you want to start classes?" Xavier asks and I tell him that I want to start as soon as possible, even if I have to walk on crutches for a couple of days. "We'll get you started first thing in the morning." Xavier assures me as he gets ready to leave. "Sleep well child."