Voices

My head felt better after a couple of hours.  I spent the rest of the day packing my small suitcase for tomorrow.  I was kind of nervous to go with Sam but I needed to make them stop bothering me about my PTSD.  I've had it under control for the past couple of years so I can take care of it on my own.

"Where are you going?" I hear Natasha ask as she stands in the doorway of my room.

"I'm going to DC with Sam for a couple of days." I close the suitcase and zip it up.  "Why?" I turn around.

"You up for a mission?" I am so tempted to read her mind but that won't help me figure out Nat anyways.  I nod. "Get suited up then." She walks away without telling me what the mission was.  Man I'm so tired of the secrets around here.

I put on my uniform and I head over to the conference room where they will probably be briefing me.  But before I can get there, my head feels like it's being ripped open.  Voices flood my brain and lean against the wall trying to silence them.

"Allison?" A voice calls to me but I can't seem to get control of my body.  The voices in my head keep screaming and I slide to the ground in agony.

"Make them stop." I beg as I put my hands to my head.  The voices don't stop though and I hear one voice in particular.   It was Stryker's voice.  He was talking to someone about knowing where I was.  I push the voices down and slowly they quiet.  "

"Allison?" I hear Captain ask and I slowly open my eyes.  He was kneeling next to me.  His eyes showed his concern for me.  I pull my knees to my chest.  My head still aches but I don't what happened.  I've always been able to control the voices.  I listen in on people but I choose who.  I didn't want to listen to anyone, they just came.

"Something's wrong with me." I whisper.

"What?" Captain asks.

"I don't know." I say as I slowly get to my feet.  "I can't go on the mission." I say as I brace myself against the wall.

"Go see Banner, he might be able to help." Captain doesn't understand that Banner might not be able to fix what is wrong with me.  Either my powers are going haywire or the serum is failing.   I manage to make it to my room before the voices returned.  I collapsed against the wall just inside my door and I tried to stop them.

"ALLISON!?!" I hear someone calling my name but I have no control over my own body.  There's so many voices inside of my head and I can't make any of them shut up.  "Allison?" I hear someone say but the voices are winning.  I feel myself blackout.