16: With Friends Like These, Well, Who Needs Enemies?

This story got up another hundred views so I decided to update for you. Sorry, I'm putting DTE on hold for a tad because I am havign a writers block which is annoying.

In the mean time, enjoy becaue I am AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!!

____________________________________________________________________________

‘It was so awkward! Why was she in the apartment anyways?’ Josh says, taking a huge swig of his Red Bull can, putting it on the table and picking up the remote, continuing to play C.O.D.

I hated how he said "anyways". It's always pissed me off.

‘I let her in. Dude, calm down. OK? She wasn’t gonna mess up the place. Believe me, if there was a competition for the most organized girl in the world, you were looking at her not two hours ago.’ I say, leaning up against the back of the couch, and like Josh, taking a huge gulp of my Red Bull.

‘But...like...she just came out and all this smoke came out of the bathroom with her, making her look like a saint or something.’ Josh says.

‘She is..’ The words tumble out of my mouth before I could stop them. I feel my cheeks growing pink. Josh just looks at me curiously.

He winks.

‘Well...err...what I meant was that Beth is one step away from being a saint.’ I say quickly. ‘She’s like.." I cannot think. "...like, um...she’s so organized, she doesn’t swear, she’s so perfect living in her own perfect world, she doesn’t drink, she doesn’t smoke, she always tries to see the best in people...’ I trail off.

The image of Bethany Parker floating easily back into my mind. Her long, dark hair sweeping past her waist in a sheet of shining bronze. Her almond shaped eyes glinting like dark mahogany amber, shaded by thick, black eyelashes. Her spotless skin, slightly tanned with her petite bee-stung pouty mouth and the rare freckles scatting her small, slightly pointed nose. Her cheek bones, high and proud but her body, hourglass like and petite.

‘Jesse!’ Josh snaps and I jump slightly, flicking my eyes back to his pale blue ones. He’d paused the game and is staring intently at me.

‘What?’ I say.

‘...your eyes were literally love hearts,’ Josh scoffs and I shake my head quickly.

‘Nah, man. Just thinking about...the European tour. You know how much I love my European fans,’

Josh looks uncertain but takes another sip of his Red Bull.

‘So, you think she’s hot?’ Josh asks, nudging my shoulder.

I snort. ‘Nah.’

‘What? Yeah she is!’ he bursts out.

‘She’s not hot. She’s beautiful...amazing, like a Goddess and I’d compare her to the moonlight but not even the moonlight is as beautiful and could be put next to Beth as an equal.’ I mumble.

'You know...' he sniffs, '...that's just beautiful, man...really poetic and --'

'-- shut up. I'm serious,'

'Me too. You could give Shakespeare an ol' run for his money with that soliloquy,'

I thwart Josh on the arm with the backside of my iPhone and he snears, scampering to the next bed along.

‘Really. When Beth's there, it's like everythings different.'

‘You need to break up with Paris then,’ Josh states, picking up the remote again and continuing his game.