34: Watching Stars Without You

Hii! Sorry about my late upload, i've been incredibly busy. As usual, but now because the end of the year is arriving, i'll probably be on Wattpad and uploading quite a bit now. So..here's a new chapter :D I hjope you enjoy

Plus, I'd also like to ask you to check out my new book, Mortem Angelus which is coming out on the 13th of November :D please give it a chance as unfortunately, Tell Me You Love Me is coming to an end.

xxx Pixie

___________________________________________________________________________

Bethany’s P.O.V

I lean my head on my desk, thoughts running through my head. It’s been a week since Jesse had actually contacted me. A week since I’d said it was over and I’m already regretting telling him its over. I didn’t mean it. I need him more than ever. I’ve only just survived the time he’d been gone and yet I’m now crying myself to sleep every night.

Mrs. McCartney’s voice drones on and on in its sleeping, monotonous tone. The type of voice that would just make you fall asleep every time you heard it.  Learning about geology isn’t exactly a fun way of spending the period after recess. And to make matters ten times worse, I still have fifty more minutes of listening to McCartney’s voice.

I glance over at Pilar who sits on the two back legs of her chair, filing her nails with the nail file she keeps in her pencil case. She glances over at me, shooting me a bored smile and rolling her eyes at Mrs. McCartney’s direction.

I lean my head in the crook of my arm which is folded on the desk and take my pen in my right hand, starting to doodle on my sheet of paper of which I need to be taking notes on. I draw a curly J, then a calligraphic E, an S followed by another S and then an E. I drew a plus sign and then scribbled my name by it, drawing a love heart around it.

I wish he was here. It’s been too long. All I want is for Jesse to be by my side again. All I want is for him to—

My cell phone vibrates in my pocket, making me jump and making me bang my knee on the table. Mrs. McCartney luckily didn’t notice but that didn’t stop the flush spreading across my cheeks. I rub my knee.

Pilar looks over at me, a strange expression on her face. McCartney turns her back and I symbolize putting a phone to my ear with my hand, mouthing “phone”

Pilar grins and winks at me and I roll my eyes. I carefully slide my cell phone out of my pocket and notice it’s a new text message from Jesse. I gasp and shoot a nervous glance at McCartney.

Coming home, babe. <3

He’s coming home? He hasn’t forgotten about me!

A smile spreads across my mouth as I re-read the text message feeling the butterflies go psycho in my stomach. He’s coming home. My Jesse is coming home.

Another text message makes me jump and I almost drop my cell phone on the floor. Another flush reaches my cheeks and I see its from Pilar. I look over at Pilar and notice she’s staring at me intently.

Who are you texting?

I grin. Jesse. He’s coming home!

I click send and reply to Jesse’s text.

OMG! Yaaaay! I’ve missed you so much!

I click send and drop my phone back in my pocket. My baby is coming home.