30: There is Nothing I Do Better Than Revenge

Hey guyss. So, I've been busy and all as you know because I haven't been on Wattpad as much as I used to. Well, here's another chapter...if it is a little confusing, don't mind it, it was half of one chapter that was originally part of the previous chapter stuck together with the next to make CHAPTER THIRTY :D

To your dismay, or not...it is coming to a bit of a climax point :) so make sure yo uread and comment and vote if you like it...and if you don't like it, still read and comment and vote because if you don't, thats mean and I don't like you.

XXX Pixie

_______________________________________________________________________________

‘Who’s Alex, babe?’ I ask her, walking to my bed and slumping down. I wait for the penetrating answer that will either make me breath out a long sigh of relief, or catch that breath in my throat. 

‘Oh...um, just a friend.’ She replies, she almost sounds unsure. Something turns cold inside me.

‘A friend?’ I repeat, narrowing my eyes. I can see my expression in the mirror opposite. I try not to look too sour.

‘Jes...er Jack, are you jealous?’ she asks, sceptically.

‘No,’ I lie.

‘Jack...?’ She replies, her voice happy and merry.

‘Why would I be jealous of a friend when I have you as a girlfriend?’ I reply, not even believe it myself.

‘OK...’ she says, still sounding as if she didn’t believe me. ‘So, what’s wrong.’

‘Everyone thinks that us going out is—’

‘Alex, get off!’ I hear Beth interrupt to her friend, Alex.

She explodes with laughter, screaming “Put me down! Put me down!” Her voice fades away and a new voice bursts through the phone. A teenage boy with a broad American accent. 

‘Hey, man. I’m sorry but Beth is temperately unavailable,’ I hear Beth screaming with laughter in the background and the boy’s voice fades away. Several other girls in the background scream and shout while several boys all laugh. Beth’s familiar voice returns. 

‘Sorry, what were you saying,’ she says and then calling “Go away, Alex” in the background. I can hear the slight annoyance in her voice now. 

Trying not to get too rilled up, I glare at the floor. ‘As I was saying,’ I continue, ‘everyone thinks that us going out is a huge problem. They all think that me going out with you is bad because you’re just a—’ I hear Beth’s voice scream “No! Alex, don’t turn the call off!!” in the background and the line goes black dead.

I heave a heavy sigh and fall back onto the bed, feeling my stomach constrict in knots.

Not even Beth would talk to me. Not even my own girlfriend wanted to speak to me. She was too busy having fun with her friends...and Alex, whoever Alex is.

Is she cheating? No. Beth wouldn’t cheat on me. Not me and not Beth. Any other couple, maybe, but not Beth. She’s too nice to betray someone like that. I mean, why would she do that when she told me she loved me? People who love each other don’t do stuff like that.

My iPhone lights up again and Beth’s caller ID blares. I pick up the stupid phone and answer.

‘Jesse! I’m so sorry! It’s my stupid friend, Alex’s fault! He took the phone off of me and—’

‘Don’t worry,’ I mumble over her, feeling really annoyed. ‘I’ll...um, I’ll just call back later when you’re not with your friends. It’s kind of a sit down and discuss thing,’ I reply, swallowing hard. I sit back upright.