29: Has It Been Too Long Since I Went Away?

Hey, Sorry for the long update, I've been busy LIKE this chapter if you want me to upload more frequently and comment if you want me to make the chapters longer!!! I hope you like it, it has a little bit of...spice...in this chapter but its pretty cute. Sorry about the bit of swearing closer to the end ;)

xxx Pixie.

____________________________________________________________________________

He picks up on the second ring.

‘Beth! So glad you called! How are you?!’ he cries.

‘Jesse! That necklace...I...’ I lose my trail of thought. Just hearing his voice made me well up, I miss him so much.

‘You like it? I knew you would! It suits you. Just so you know, the make up sex thing is all a joke,’ He says.

I sniff into the phone, feeling my eyes watering with tears.

‘Beth, are you OK? Are you OK?’ he asks, general concern in his voice.

‘Come back...’ I whisper, my voice breaking and I hiccup. ‘Please go on Skype, I need to see you,’ I gulp and my fingers start shaking.

‘Beth. Don’t cry over me. I love you, but I don’t want you to cry,’ he whispers. Another tear sprouts from my right eye and I clutch my cell phone with shaking hands. ‘Beth, please. I’m not that far away from you...think of it this way, we’re on the same Earth and nothing will ever change that,’

‘I love you so much...it hurts when you're gone,’ I murmur, sliding off my bed and grabbing my laptop from the desk. I walk back to my bed and open the lid, opening up Facebook and Skype. Jesse isn’t online on either.

‘Baby, it hurts too when I’m away. All I want is to be by your side...snuggled up in bed like I was the morning I left with you. It’s cruel that we had such little time together,’ he says. ‘When I get back, all I’m doing is making you happy,’

‘P-please go on Skype,’ I mumble, sadly. I open up Skype and log in.

‘Beth, I can’t...I’m so sorry, I’m at a function right now, Beth, Don’t be sad,’ he whispers.

‘Jesse...I love you,’ I cry, literally crying.

I hear Jesse sighing from the other line.

Jesse’s P.O.V

I slump into the hall, following Meg and Josh glumly behind. Josh is again, wearing his stupid beanie. Yes, even I think the thing is stupid now.

Maybe its related to me thinking life is stupid. Life took everything I love and need away from me. She’s sitting at home in Santa Monica with her friends and family. Her brother’s probably off being a crazy young child and her Mom is probably working at the Shop.

Nowadays, I’m frequently wondering what Beth is doing. Is she thinking about me? Or has she completely and already forgotten about me? I hope not. A shudder runs through my body. Beth wouldn’t have forgotten me, would she?

Surely being her boyfriend and all, she would still be thinking about me.

I absent-mindedly pull out my iPhone and check for any messages from Beth. None. Not even a hello. It has been three days from her birthday and after than night where we talked or more...cried...over the phone, she hasn’t texted, wrote, Skyped, Facebooked or even acknowleged us.

Does that mean something? I hope not...

Aren’t girls supposed to be clingy and obsessed with their cell phones? In which case, why wouldn’t she reply to any of my texts.