20: Close Enough to Hope You Couldn't See What I Was Thinking Of

Hi guys, here's another chapter for you. Just wanted to say thanks for the lovely support and votes on this story. I've got to say, I never thought this story would get many votes and I am impressed. I love love lovveeee you all like I love glitter, sparkles, Harry Potter, my school diary and mixed berry smoothies. And that's real love for you.

Xx hope you enjoy,

vote, comment, fan, add to library!!

____________________________________________________________________________

We walk, side by side down the beach, Jesse drinking his mixed berry smoothie and me sipping out of a cup of vanilla latte, shoes in hands and Jesse’s hoodie wrapped around his waist.

‘So, what brings us together on this memorable occasion?’ Jesse asks, amused at my attempt to ask him to meet up.

‘My father and his new wife came over for Independence Day Breakfast and ...well, ever since my father cheated on my Mom while they were in a relationship, I suppose I’ve just hated him since,’ I reply, taking a sip of the latte.

‘Oh...’ Jesse says.

‘Why did you come? Just purely asking,’ I ask him.

‘My Mom and Dad are planning my European tour and well, Meg’s at a friend’s place, Josh is spending today with his whole family so I don’t really have anything to do,’

‘Why didn’t you just plan with your parents?’

‘Planning my tours aren’t of my best interest,’

‘But wouldn’t you be excited about the places you’d go...?’

‘You ask a lot of questions, don’t you, Bethie?’ He says, smirking his signature smirk, always making me blush to my neck.

‘...Sorry,’ I mumble and I take another sip of the latte awkwardly.

We walk in silence for a few seconds, the chorus of Haunted by Taylor Swift somehow running through my head even though I hadn’t listened to it for a while....mind you, I haven’t listened to my iPod for a while now.

‘Hey, Beth?’ Jesse asks.

‘Yeah?’

‘I was wondering if...um, maybe you wanted to come to a private party for my Los Angeles tour as a guest next week?’

Jesse? Inviting me to a private party filled with famous people? Really? B-but...what if everyone rejects me because I’m not famous or anything? What if they don’t like me. Oh, my God. What if they think I’m just a gold digger or a girl who just wants to be Jesse’s girlfriend when I would never ever dream of it.

‘That's really kind of you, but no, thank you,’ I reply quietly.

‘No?’ he repeats.

‘Yes,’

‘Yes?' he then says, making us both confused. 

‘What?’ I ask, my brow furrowing. Jesse just chuckles to himself.

‘No as in, no thank you, I would not like to come and yes that I said no before and ...’ I feel myself blabbering and I blush.

‘Are you sure? It’ll be really fun and there will be so many cool people I want to introduce to you. Please? I’ll love you forever,’ He says.

‘I don’t know...what if they get the wrong impression?’ I sigh.

‘What impression?’

‘You know...’ I say, trailing off and pulling a meek, timid smile. ‘That we’re...’ I signalize with my hand between us.