Chapter 4

Phil was angry with Dan. Once he had come to and was back in reality he stopped talking to him. He knew he couldn't keep it up forever, but he could try.
Tyler was off on a date that afternoon with the boss's son, Troye, which left the two alone on their walk to the warehouse. The silence between them was deafening. Dan wanted to say something, anything, but he knew it was futile. Phil wouldn't give in until he was ready.
The warehouse was busy today. It was filled with faces neither of the two had seen before. "Hey boys," a voice with a heavy, British accent said from behind them. They turned around and were met with a face they hadn't seen in a long time.
"Kathleen Simmons," Dan chuckled, embracing he and Phil's childhood friend. Phil did the same, his smile never waning.
"How was Budapest, Katie?" Phil asked, using the nickname she reserved for only her closest friends.
"Full of excitement, as usual," Katie replied.
"I thought we agreed to not talk about Budapest," a man said, coming up behind them and placing his hand on her shoulder. Katie flicked his hand away, glaring at him.
"I'm Alexander Jackson," he said, holding out his hand for the two.
"Dan Howell," Dan replied, shaking his hand.
"The Dan Howell? I didn't know Katie had famous friends," he chuckled.
"Don't call me that," Katie groaned.
"I'm not famous," Dan objected.
"But you are. Everyone knows who you are. You're the son of one of the best League members ever to live," Alexander explained.
"Great killer, but not that great a father," Phil said.
"Phil Lester, right? The boy the Howells took in? You're quite famous as well. More for that break down on your first mission though."
"Don't talk to my boyfriend like that," Dan spat, stepping in front of Phil.
Alexander smirked. "I forgot you two were a thing. It's actually quite adorable."
"Go pick on someone else," Katie said, shoving Alexander's shoulder. He turned on his heel, leaving the three alone, much to each of their relief.
"Is he your mission partner?" Phil asked her. She nodded.
"I hate him with every fiber of my being, but I have to be with him wherever I go. You know how assassin families work, arranged marriages and all that crap. He's my boyfriend, and it makes me want to vomit just saying it."
"I'm sorry," Phil replied.
"Yeah, he's an asshole," Dan added.
Katie laughed. "Thanks guys, I'm going to mingle around, try and stay away from him. See you guys around."
-
Katie turned away from her childhood friends and looked around for anyone else she knew. To her luck, Joe Sugg stood only a few feet away. She quickly made her way over, hoping her - how do you put this nicely - asshole of a boyfriend didn't notice where she went.
"Joseph," she said as she came into his view. Katie had forgotten how attractive her good friend was.
"Katie!" Joe exclaimed. "How've you been?" The two embraced in a short hug. Katie felt her insides melting at his touch.
"Good, good, and you?"
"Brilliant, yeah. Oh! Caspar!"
Joe turned and tapped a tall blonde boy on the shoulder. The boy, who Katie figured was Caspar, smiled at her and down at Joe.
"Caspar, this is Katie, and Katie this is my boyfriend Caspar," Joe beamed.
"Oh, you're ga-" Katie began, disappointment flooding her whole being.
"Bisexual," Joe interrupted. Katie nodded.
"Nice to meet you, Caspar," Katie said with a half-hearted smile.
-
Dan gave the trainees the day off, telling them to snoop around and talk to some pros that where at the warehouse today. Dan then went with Phil to a secluded area of the warehouse, the two just enjoying each other's presence.
"I'm sorry," Phil said finally, breaking the long silence.
"For what? You have nothing to be sorry about," Dan replied. Phil nodded, burying his head in the crook of Dan's neck.
"I want to get better," Phil said. "I want to not be afraid anymore."
"No one can just get rid of fear Phil," Dan answered, wrapping his arm around him.
"You do it."
"I don't completely get rid of my fear, Philly. I just ignore it."
"Then teach me how to do it. I don't want to be afraid anymore Dan."
"Okay... I'll try."