When a Heart Breaks

Chapter 21
Rachels pov :
I got home and walked into the kitchen to see Shelby sitting there. "Shelby." I said suprised to see her. "Hi can we talk?" She asked me. "Um sure." I said and sat. "Rachel, theres something I need to tell you and your not going to understand at first but hopefully when I explain it to you ,you will." She told me. "Just say it I can take it." I told her. "Okay, I'm your mom." She told me. My heart froze and my throat swelled up it felt as if I had this huge lump in my throat . "What do you mean you're my mother?" I asked her. "I um well you see, before your dads adopted you I was pregnant at the time I didn't want to have a baby so I gave you to your dads and went to New York. After they died though I got the rights to you." She said. "Oh my god I think I'm going to be sick." I said freaked out. "I'm sorry I wanted to tell you for so many years but..." "Oh my god you're my birth mom." I said interrupting her. "Rachel I don't know what to say." She said. "You lied to me what else is there other than that ? You and my dads lied to me! " I yelled furiously at her . I felt like I was having a panic attack. "Rachel I am so sorry." She told me. "No I have to get out of here , I have to leave , I cant be here right now." I said. I got up ran to the door grabbed my car keys and left. I started to drive it felt like my heart was breaking. It was beating fast and I could hear it pumping quickly. I was sweating and my whole body just clamped up. Is this what it feels like to have your heart break? I pulled up to Finns house because I didn't know where else to go . My heart was burning and aching with hurt. I couldn't breath. I walked up to his house it felt that the ground was spinning. I pounding on the door, "Finn!" I yelled. "Finn!" I yelled again panicked. The door swung open and Finn came out,"Rachel what are you doing here? " He asked me. He noticed the burning tears in my eyes. "What happened?" He asked me. I could barely talk let alone breath so I just hugged him tightly and cried.
(1 hour later)
Finns pov :
When Rachel cried in my arms I immediately felt bad for her and it seemed as if my problem had become smaller . We sat on my couch and I brought her a glass of water to calm her down. "So Shelby is...." "My mom." She said finishing my sentence. "Wow I mean I knew she looked like you but I mean I just thought it was because she was your moms sister. " I said. "Me too." She said . I could tell she was in shock so I said , "So what are you going do? " I asked her. "I have no idea I mean I don't anywhere else to go . Maybe I'll just stay at my grandparents in Florida for a couple of weeks." She told me. "No!" I said quickly. "Why don't you stay here for a couple of days just chill out we have the extra space so its no problem. " I told her. "Why would you do that for me I thought you hated me?" She asked me. "I don't and I'm sorry I took my anger out on you . You deserve better and I like you Rachel I think I may even..." before I knew it her lips were on mine. "I love you too." She said. I smiled and said, "Do you maybe want too..." "No." She said stopping me. "Oh but I thought...." She interrupted me again, "I do its just I need a little time to get myself together and I think you do too. " She told me. "You're right." I said. She looked at me and laid on my chest and I held her and rubbed her back . "Is this what it feels like?" She asked me. "Is this what what feels like?" I asked her. "To have a broken heart? " She asked me. "Yeah. " I said, "it is."