A Fake Smile

Chapter 2
(Years later)
Rachels pov :
My name is Rachel Berry, I'm sixteen and I go to McKinley High School . I love to sing, my dream is to be a big broadway star like Barbara Striestand my idol. I can be known as very ambitious and selfish , but thats not the truth. The truth is for the past year I have been wearing a mask to hide my real self , the real me. The truth is I'm not the happy, determined , ambitious, sometime selfish girl everybody thinks I am . I'm actually really really depressed. I have a lot of issues , and not just normal teen issues like what dress I should wear for prom ? Or how am I going to get an A+ in math ? But dark stuff . When I was fifteen my parents were killed in this big accident , I had two dads who loved me and who cared about me , now I live with my Aunt Shelby who looks like me but isn't my mother. She's my birth mother's sister . Thats the other thing , I don't know who my real mother is , never have I guess she just didn't want anyone to tell me who she was I don't know why. Anyway my Aunt Shelby was my dad Leroys best friend and they gave her custody of me in case anything ever happened to them. We're not really that close though, she's alway on business and never really talks to anyone. After my dads died I got really depressed . I find it hard to talk about them and I don't really have any friends besides the people in glee club but none of them like me really. Its hard , trying to keep a smile on my face sometimes but I try my best. I never really told anyone this but after my parents died , I started to cut I mean I stopped and cover it up with makeup everyday so noone will see but I just wish I had a friend to talk too. I walked into glee club smiling and sat down. Glee club is my safe haven I guess you could say. Everybody is like family to me here and we have our problems but we all love eachother. I sat down next to Kurt Hummel and Mercedes Jones , they're sorta my friends although they don't know everything. I look over and see Finn Hudson. Ah Finn Hudson the quarterback of the highschool football team. Finns really cool even though I never really had a big coversation , I talk to him sometimes . Hes really sweet and kind and he cares about others , even me. He's perfect in every single way, and that half smile every time of see it I just want him even more . However he has a girlfriend Quinn Fabray the head cheerleader of thr cheerios and my mortal enemy . I don't know why but for some reason she hates me , I personally think its because of my talent but it seems like theres more to it. Anyway I looked at Finn and he gave me a smile and waved and I smiled back thinking it was for me but it was really for Quinn. God , why can't I be like her. Blonde , popular , and pretty, thats all you need to be in this school because nothing else matters. "Okay everyone lets get started." Mr.Shuester our director said. Mr.Shues really cool , he's super nice and makes everyone here feel safe even me. "Today we will be picking partners for our duets." He said. "I call Quinn!" Finn yelled. "Nice try Finn but I picked the partners based on compatibility with vocals and you will be with Rachel." He said. I smiled happily. Did really just say my name ! This is the best day ever! "What!" Quin said. "Sorry guys but thats the way it is . As for the rest of you your partner is on the paper up by the board ." He said. Everyone else got up and Finn walked towards me oh my god he's coming towards me. I thought. "Hey. " He said. Eppp he said hey! I thought excitedly. "Hey." I said acting cool. "So um you wanna practice in the auditorium after school we can look through songs?" He asked me. Eppppp!!!! I thought. "Yeah totally I'll see you after school." I said. "Okay cool. " He said smiling and walked away. Epppppppppp!!!!!!! I thought excitedly in my head and for once my smile was real.