Chapter 21 : Better

My hand flew to my chest.

"Jesus, Harry. You scared the crap out of me." I said leaning my head against the door.

He gave me a disappointed look.

"Are you just going to stand there, or give me a hug?" He said sarcastically.

I laughed quietly and walked over to him. He pulled me in by my waist and I buried my face into his chest.

"I missed you." I whispered.

Harry's POV :

"I missed you too." My voice cracked as tears rolled down my cheeks. 

I felt like I needed to be gentle with Ella. Like I was afraid if I hugged her to tight her body would break, collapse. That's how much weight she lost.

She pulled away and looked up at me. Her once bright blue eyes had turned dull with sadness. She was crying as well. I kissed her forehead.

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" I asked. We both sat down on the couch.

"I was afraid to." She said wiping her eyes with her sleeves. I just nodded my head.

"I know you're afraid of me Harry." She said quietly.

I shook my head no. "What are you talking about? I'm not-"

"Just admit it. You hung up on Skype when you saw me, when I was talking to Niall you were shaking and didn't even look up. And you didn't hug me like you used to." She said playing with her fingers.

"I-um. It's just. You've lost some weight lately. And it was just hard seeing you like this. It still is. I just don't want to think of what you went through." I said.

"I didn't go through anything, I just locked myself in here. Didn't eat, barely moved." She shrugged.

"You starved yourself?" I asked.

"No. I just couldn't bring myself to eat. I was depressed, I felt like I didn't need to." A tear rolled down her cheek, she wiped it away.

"I didn't come out until 2 days ago, or something like that."  She said.

"Ella, you shouldn't of done that. You don't need Niall to be able to live your life." I said.

"I obviously do. It took every ounce of strength in my body to say what I said to him. I thought it would feel good, and it did. But right when he walked out the door.. I realized he was gone again. You don't know how hard I'm trying to move on, but when your ex is on every frickin thing you see.." She paused and took a breath.

"It's hard. It's really really hard." She whispered. She put her head in her hands.

"I had an allergic reaction yesterday or today. H***, I don't even know what day it is. Anyway, the doctor asked me why I was so skinny and why I lost so much weight. I told him I was depressed. He asked over what. I said over a boy. Do you know how embarrassing that was for me. Just one little screw up, and now I'm here. A depressed b****. Now, everyone's going to be asking me about my weight and I have to embarrass myself for telling the truth, because there is no way I'm ever going to lie again. My life is such a screw up." She said.

I started crying. I hated hearing her say all this. It was terrible.

"Why're crying?" She asked.

I wiped my tears. "I don't know, Ella. Just hearing all this.. it's just a lot. You've been through so much in your life. I-. Really, I don't know what to say or even do help you." I whispered.

"I'm the only person who can help me." She said quietly. I put my arm around her waist and she leaned her head on my shoulder. 

"Do you think I went to hard on Niall?" She asked.

"Yes." I chuckled. "But, it was quite entertaining."

"Well, that doesn't help." She laughed.

"Ella, I know you probably think your life is over because of all this drama. But I promise, it's going to get better. Your life may not be "normal", but it will be better."

__________________________

Authors Note :

Heyy, Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was out all day. Anyway! Please help me about my new fanfic coming up and when I should post it! (Comment on the authors note.)(Last update.) More is coming! (:

~Sam