Healing

It was the next day, Caleb was doing better but every hour a person would walk in to make sure he was stable and every 8 hours the same person would walk in to give Caleb his pills for the time being. Caleb and I had spoken some after last night but not much, I didn't know what to talk to him about, I didn't wanna mention what happened cause we'd both end up crying. Last night the doctors were also able to bring his mom by his bedside since she was getting better. "Mace? Mace?" I see a hand wave in front of my face and realize Caleb was trying to get my attention. "Yes, what do you need?" He smiles "I was just making sure you were okay." I grab his hand and begin to speak again "Caleb I know this is hard to ask but if you can't promise can you at least try your hardest to please never put yourself at risking your life or hurting yourself again I.... I really can't see you hurt. I... Uhm. I thought you... I thought I wasn't going to see you again and I couldn't stop crying, Caleb I'm going to stay here, with you until you can come back with me, I promise, I love you Caleb." He smiles as his eyes are watery "Mace I'm gonna try to promise you, I really am, and I can't thank you enough for being in my life and being there for me. Since the day I laid my eyes on you at that meet and greet I thought man whoever has her is one lucky man, and look where I am, I have my most beautiful girlfriend right here by me and my mom is healing better than ever."