Muffin

It's been 3 days. 3 days I've had to go without seeing, speaking, or even hearing her voice. She's been in the hospital for 3 days and only her parents have been able to see her. But today, today was the 4th day and it was getting hard not being able to know how she felt, not being to know how she is and if she's even stable. But tomorrow I finally get to see her so I decided today I would get prepared, I put some money in my wallet and grabbed my keys. Macy had always wanted a kitten she had just never been able to actually afford one and when she did she'd spend it on clothes. Once I got to the shelter there were so many kittens I actually awwed and a guy stared at me. As soon as I saw this fluffy, brown kitten, with blue eyes and a small patch of white fur on her side that looked like a heart I knew that was the one. I asked for that one and they handed me all the papers to sign and once I was done with them they microchipped the kitten, which they later told me was a boy, I decided I'd let Mace name him so they gave me him and checked the papers and I was able to go home.
Next Day
I woke up, got ready and dressed, grab the decorated cat crate I had later bought last night and put the kitten inside with a big pillow. As soon as I got there I had gotten so many looks for have a pink carrier with boa all along it but if just say "It's for my girl." I checked in with the nurse and was finally able to see Macy. As I walked in I hear her ever so slightly shout my name and i felt a huge smile brought to my face. I put the crate on the seat and gave her a huge hug and kisses her on the cheek "You look beautiful," she shrugs "Oh yeah all these chords and IVs." I grab the crate, open it, and pulled the kitten out, "I know how you've always wanted a kitten and...." She pauses me by awwwwing and slightly squeeling in excitement, gently grabbing him. "I'm so glad you like him, cause I'm leaving it up to you to name the fella," she smiles "OH MY GOSH AND IT HAS A LITTLE HEART RIGHT HERE, Oh Caleb you really didn't have to do this, honestly just seeing you here with me makes me feel so good and I'm sorry about what I......... I think his name should be Muffin." I laugh a little "Ah Muffin.... But Mace and please don't get mad at me, what drove you to this? I mean you're already so amazing and just a dream. But whatever the reason was is that you're still here now and I love you so god damn much and I can not ever lose you." I felt a small tear roll down my face but then look back at Macy and saw tears already going down her face "I..... I'm not entirely sure but... It just. It made me feel better about myself. And Kiersten she kept....." I interrupt "Kiersten is an irrelevant bitch, who is nothing compared to you baby." I see her face brighten as she begins to continue, "She just kept reminding me that I was bigger and it... It got to me. When you didn't say anything that day to her in class it sorta... It hurt me. But I'm getting better. I'm trying." I reply " Listen the only reason why I didn't tell her anything is cause I find twang to waste oxygen on speaking to her when I knew she was wrong and she would've doubted me anyways, you're beautiful no matter your size and never forget that." She smiles even more trying to wipe her tears away as well "Caleb I love you so much and I just can't thank you enough for being in my life and now Muffin can't help me fight this battle as well and I just really can't thank you enough for putting up with me."