The Reason

PREVIOUSLY ON 'Best Friends':

"You're not the same Harry" I breath.

"You're right, I'm not." He says. "But I have a reason."

"And that reason is because..."

Chapter Six

~Lexi's POV~

I give him a questioning look. He closes his eyes and takes in a breath. He grabs my hands and opens his eyes again.

"That reason is because, because of you Lex." He says.

I was confused. I needed answers.

"B-Because of m-me?" I stutter.

He nods.

"Ever since you started to date Colton in freshman I got jealous? You can call it that. I tried pushing my emotions away, I did... for three days..." He chuckled lightly. "The boys were right I couldn't stop thinking about you, I thought about how happy you were that you didn't need me anymore, you'd go out on dates, you would always be texting and calling him." He says biting his lip.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I ask.

"I didn't want to ruin your happiness, I knew I couldn't give you, after I got famous I knew you wouldn't want all the hate and the paps following you." He says.

"Ruin my happiness? Harry you're the reason I'm still smiling. You make me laugh and smile. I always have a great time with you. That's why we are Best Friends." I say hugging him.

Harry's POV

Right.... Just Best Friends...

I hug her back. I truly do miss her. I've been talking non-stop about her and that's because I've missed her smile, her laugh, her big brown beautiful eyes, everything about her makes me smile.

And I'm glad I'm the reason she smiles. We pull back and she kisses my cheek.

"I still have my Best Friend." She smiles.

I smile at her. The fights, the arguments, the jealousy is all gone. I mean every brother gets jealous right? RIGHT?!

"You want to get ice cream?" I ask.

She nods. "Let me change." She says.

I get out of her room and go down stairs. I turn on the TV.

Lexi's POV

Once Harry is out of my room I put on a white crop top with a wink face on it. I put on black ripped shorts, and my converse. I put my hair in a bun, a little messy, and put on a pink bow under my bun and put on my converse.

I put mascara and grab my phone. I walk down stairs seeing Harry watching TV.

"Haz you ready?" I ask.

"Yep." He says turning off the TV and putting his hands in his pocket.

He put on his grey beanie that didn't really cover his curls it was just sitting on top of his head. We walk to my car and head to the little ice cream shop near the mall.

"Hi can I have, strawberry and vanilla with sprinkles?" I ask.

I wanted it simple what can I say I get picky when it comes to ice cream.

Harry ordered his ice cream and payed for them.

"Thanks!" I say.

"Welcome" he says we walk to the park near by. He puts his arm around my shoulder when we see Drew playing football (soccer) with some guys.