prologue

Michael Clifford could easily say music saved his life. Since the young age of 13, he had been in and out of mental hospitals for a solid three years and it wasn't until the age of 17 that he felt like he truly was better. He had been diagnosed with depression and bipolar disorder at the time but now he felt as if he was truly seeing who he was for the first time. He still would occasionally relapse and he still would feel sad but who in recovery wouldn't? When he was first admitted into the hospital is when he first got a guitar; it was supposed to be therapeutic and boy, did it help.

Once out of the hospital for the first time, Michael started talking to other people that liked music just like him and they started a band. All four of them together decided to start a band called Once Upon A Reject; the name fit who they were, all coming from different stories and they wanted to write music that would help other. Only problem was, they hadn't made it big yet.

Luke was a womanizer or 'boy'anizer, he was bisexual so after every show he didn't care he hooked up with, as long as they were hot. He was America's heartthrob at the moment saying he was the lead singer of the new, upcoming band 5 Seconds of Summer. He had the classic bad boy image and he didn't mind sleeping with everything that breathed. He just was a naturally flirty person and he couldn't help it. Luke started out on the Take Me Home tour always happy and rarely would someone ever see him frown, much less cry and in a sense he allowed fame to get to him on their next tour making him the way he is today. He didn't mean to, just the words 'Hollywood' and 'fame' hit him hard, changing him completely. His band mates would openly agree he was a d.ouche.

5 Seconds of Summer was known widely all around the world after they toured with One Direction twice and now they were ready to take their lives into their own hands and start touring by themselves. They had instant success after touring with the band and they were so excited to grow as a band now by going on their own.

5 Seconds of Summer, on their first arena headlining tour, decided to take Once Upon A Reject under their wing like One Direction did to them and they were now officially going on tour together.

Except, Michael couldn't understand how Luke could always be such a happy asshole and Luke couldn't understand how Michael could be a pessimistic angel, leading to the two hating each other.

***

This is definitely one of my favorites to write. It might end strangely but I'm excited.

-malumdictionary