twenty-one

"You're a piece of shit!" Michael yelled, shoving Luke in the chest. Luke didn't budge but Michael tried as hard as possible to push him over. He wished he had some upper arm strength.

Luke had just been on his phone, on his way to his hotel room, when he was attacked by the small boy.

"What did I do?" Luke asked softly.

"You told my manager about me getting bad again! I'm not getting bad again. I'm happy Luke!" Michael said angrily, glaring at the blonde in front of him.

"I may agree but I wasn't the one that told! Don't blame me," Luke said, "Why do you automatically assume that I'm trying to ruin your life?"

"Because you've always had it out for me! You don't like me!"

Luke frowned at what Michael had said. That wasn't true. Michael had really grown on him the past month and he didn't understand why the small boy always wanted to fight.

"That's not true Michael. I like you so much," Luke sighed.

Michael watched as Luke flopped down on the couch. He followed and stood in front of the blond in a defensive position. His arms crossed in front of his chest and Luke thought that he looked ready to fight.

"I'm on probation now and if they find anything I can't sleep tonight! Why would you do that? I trusted you! I thought you'd keep what I said a secret!" Michael growled, getting closer and closer to Luke.

"I didn't tell anyone anything! Fuck, Michael. I'm not the only one that knows. It could've been a band mate or even Ashton! But fuck, it wasn't me!" Luke said defending himself.

He didn't understand how Michael could always assume things and not even try and process things. He wanted to be apart of Michael's support system but it was so fucking hard and emotionally draining for him.

Luke had stayed up until three a.m. the night before to make sure that Michael slept well. They talked for hours just so that Michael could talk about what was bothering him and Luke tried his best to process it and give some sort of advice.

He didn't give good advice but he just hoped that it'd deter Michael from doing anything drastic until he could admit to himself that he needed help.

Michael was the only person that could get help from himself and he wouldn't do it. Luke found it somewhat irritating that Michael couldn't realize that he wasn't actually happy.

"I still think it was you. You hated me a month and a half ago. You haven't even talked to me properly since we fucked. You got what you wanted and now you want to make my life a living hell," Michael exclaimed, his eyebrows furrowing. He had the angriest expression that Luke had ever seen, shown by him on, his face.

"I wouldn't do that Michael. I think you need help but I can't be the one to force you to do that. You have to do it for yourself. And for the whole fucking situation, you were only comfortable with it because we were both drunk. You would feel so uncomfortable and unsafe if we were to do it now. You would feel so insecure and it would make you worse. I'm trying to forget it and I guess I'm not doing it correctly because it's hurting you. I just feel like I took advantage of you," Luke admitted.

"That's unfair. I want to do it again!"

"I think it just made you feel wanted and you're trying to hold onto that feeling because you feel like no one will want you if you don't do anything else," Luke added.

"You're such a fucking asshole Luke! I hate you so much! I wish I had never gotten involved and wished I had never gone on this tour! I would've done better trying to make my band get famous in my shitty basement! I hate you!" Michael yelled, his voice having raised a lot from the beginning of the conversation.

Luke sighed and noticed that Michael wasn't going to change his mind. It wasn't his fault. He wasn't the one overreacting at the moment. 

"I'll be in my hotel room. Come talk to me once you've calmed down," Luke sighed.

He got up off of the couch and walked out of the small lobby area that they had. He made sure Michael wasn't following him but when he turned around, he saw a heartbreaking sight. Michael was wiping at his watery eyes with his sweater paws.

He needed Michael to completely break and fall apart before he could fix himself again. The elevator doors closed and Luke was being taken up to his room.

***

Ive been updating so quickly today. I don't even know guys.

-Lee