eleven

"I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this," Michael thought repeatedly. He was standing on stage in front of the band that he would be opening for.

"Can you speak into the microphone?" a voice boomed. Michael tried to think of where the voice was coming from as he looked into the bright lights.

"Sure," Michael said as his voice echoed into the empty theater. The microphone didn't actually pick up all of his voice. If the theater hadn't been silent, they wouldn't have heard his voice at all.

"C'mon Michael! Say something more interesting!" Luke yelled. All the boys were sitting in the audience listening to his soundcheck. Ashton and Luke were helping him out, Connor was on his phone, and Jack had the most bored expression on his face. Michael didn't think he wanted to be here. Either that or he was extremely hung over.

"I'd rather not," Michael said into the microphone. This time, the microphone did catch onto the noise. The microphone squealed and all five boys put their hands on their ears.

"Fuck," Michael muttered after a few moments. The microphone picked up what he had said again.

"Dammit Michael! Don't cuss," Ashton whined.

"You just contradicted yourself," Michael said into the microphone.

"Fuck," Ashton muttered.

"Can you play part of a song to make sure your guitar is connected correctly too, Mister Clifford?" the sound guy asked.

"Of course!" Michael said smiling. He picked his guitar up from the stand and a pick from his mic stand.

"Don't play the song we wrote last night! I want it to be a surprise!" Ashton exclaimed.

"I'm not even sure I remember the lyrics," Michael said laughing.

"You had one job Michael! One job!" Ashton said laughing too.

"Whatever," he said shrugging his shoulders. He wasn't going to remember a song he had written that night. He only had a few lyrics that he knew off the top of his head but the rest was gone.

Michael strummed my guitar and the sound carried.

"Sing a Paramore song!" Luke called out. Michael was surprised. He wasn't expecting Luke to participate as much as Ashton

"I'll sing the Paramore song that my band covers every set but I won't be doing tonight. I have another Paramore song in mind," Michael said smiling.

"You're covering Paramore tonight?" Ashton asked.

"I just said that, dumb-butt," Michael said giggling. Luke thought the boy had a really cute giggle but he would never day that out loud. He had to keep his rep up.

"Rude," Ashton said frowning a bit but Michael could tell he was joking.

"What song is it?" Luke asked.

"Wait and see," Michael said.

"I'm not patient," he said pouting.

Michael sang Still Into You; it was one of his favorites and it was known as being their bands cover. They hadn't covered any other song as much as they had covered this song.

"Fuck yes!" Ashton yelled standing up from his chair and Michael grinned.

Michael looked to the guys and all of them were staring at him in shock.

"I knew you were a good singer but I didn't know you were that good live," Luke said with his jaw dropped and Michael couldn't help but blush. It wasn't the first time the blonde had made him do it an the blonde had caught on.