The Plan

"If we pull this off, we will have enough money to sustain the pack for years." Peter is barely in the light, but i can see he has something in his hand. We all approach the table, surrounding it, awaiting Peter's plan for our next job.

Our leading "Providers" are Peter, Dan, Alice, and me. We together provide for the pack while Peter's mother, Allison, leads us, overseeing the whole pack. Now i say "Providers" because we don't earn our money the normal way. We steal from rich, ungrateful Alpha's and their packs to keep our group of rogues alive.

"Baby?" i am shaken from my thoughts by Peter's voice.

"Yea sorry I'm listening." Peter nods my way. Peter is like a brother to me, he has always been there for me and me for him.

"OK here's the target." With that Peter drops an envelope on the table. We all stare in confusion at the white package. "Dan open it."

Dan takes the envelope and opens it. Breaking the protective seal and pulling out a hard golden card. He opens the card and immediately his eyes widen. "Alpha Orion of Dark Shadow is throwing a ball like no other to celebrate his young brother, Adam and his mate's union." he paused and continued reading, then looked up with a questioning face. "Peter it's tonight."

Peter nods. "I know its short notice but if we pull it off we will have enough money to survive for years! i think its worth it." Peter had such power and strength in his voice, he could move a whole crowd that was against him to join any cause.

"I agree with Peter. This is a risk we need to take." I stood taller when i spoke. I am the youngest leader, being fifteen, and most don't believe I'm fit for the job. But i have been proving them wrong ever since i was twelve. Everyone calls me Baby though, which i really don't mind. As long as they know where i stand then they could call me whatever they like.

"Same. Dan we need this, the pack can't go on much longer." Alice gave Dan a pleading look. She was my best friend, even though she is two years older then me. But she is the closest in age to me so it makes sense. Peter is twenty and Dan is nineteen. I'm the baby of the group.

"Dan, brother, please." Peter held his hand out to him across the table. Dan sighed and took his hand.

"Its not like you could pull it off without me anyway." We all laughed. "So whats the plan Peter? Storm the castle?"

"No. Something much more fun." he gave us a clever smile. I pull up a chair from the far side of the room over to the table.

"Then what are we waiting for?" I put my feet up on the table and lean back, making myslef comfortable for the brief.