Fun Night Ahead

Peter told us the plan, and we were off getting ready. We have all day to plan and prepare. Peter was getting supplies, Dan was on weapons, as usual, and Alice was in charge of the electronics. She was crazy good with computers so she is going to tap into the Alpha's mansions security line and walk the boys through the steal. I, on the other hand, have the hardest job of all. Distraction.

I am to be at the ball, dance and attract the unmated Alpha Orion. Then I slip the key that he always has around his neck to my friends who will meet me in the bathroom. I am pretty good at this job, well beside the dancing part. Ive never been that talented with my feet, but i still was the best for the job. i might be fifteen but i don't look it, especially when I'm all dressed up.

i pin my long brown hair into a high bun after washing it. i put a light coat of make up on my face and then a sprinkle of gold eyeshadow to help my golden brown eyes pop. i put thick mascara on and a light shade of red on my lips. Now onto the ballgown.

Allison, Peter's mom and our leader, brought over her old gown for me to wear. She used to be the Luna of a pack but when her mate and Alpha died, her beta took over and kicked her out. Most of the pack followed her and thats where most of the rogues in our pack came from.

The dress is a deep purple with black lace details in the mid section. It isn't a ballgown but it is appropriate. It is long and flowing around my legs, but its not long enough. I'm taller then most of the she-wolves in the pack, since I'm five-nine. The dress stops just below my ankle, thus needing fancy shoes, which i don't own. The only shoes i enjoy having are sneakers, they are comfortable and durable. What more does a she-wolf need?

But sneakers won't help me on this mission... oh i got it! My mom's wedding heels! i still have them i think. i walk out to my car behind my tent and search through my bags. Here they are!

I pull out the black satin heels, blowing the dust off of them. My mom never liked the traditional in anything especially her wedding, hence the black. Holding the shoes in my hand made me think of her.

I was six when she died, but i still remember it like it was yesterday...

"Mommy whats wrong? A-Are you sick?" i sit beside my mom as she lays extremely still in bed.She coughs and opens her eyes slowly, making contact with my eyes. The life and color seems to be fading away with every breath she takes.

"Artemis listen to me. I named you Artemis because it is a strong and brave name, the only name that suits you." she is choking on her words, out of breath but continues, " i need you to embrace your name's meaning. Be there for all who need you and fight for what you believe in. Never stop fighting my child" she coughs out her words now, in taking less air. She takes my hand in hers and gives it a gentle kiss, "never stop fighting Artemis, Never."

With those last words she falls into a forever sleep.

A soft tear rolls down my cheek. I quickly brush it away quickly, no one can see me cry. I must be seen as strong, not some weak child.

I climb out of the car and slip on the shoes. its a tight fit and ill probably have blister by the end of the night, but i can manage. i make my way to the group who are in the Pack House, pretty much a fold-able room that has a table and chairs inside. It only can fit about twenty people but for tonight it is completely empty.

Odd? i was supposed to meet them here...

"Baby! Come on!" i turn and Alice is waving me over to her. i pick my dress up slightly and jog over to her. "We already moved everything to the car. We just were waiting for you."

"Sorry I couldn't find shoes." i follow behind her as we make our way to the van. Dan and Peter turn when they hear us approach.

" Baby you've never looked so ... old. Awwww is little baby all grown up",Peter laughed as Dan pinched my cheek and mocked me. i punched him in the gut and he grabbed his stomach moaning, making Peter laugh harder.

"Do remember i can still kick you ass whenever i want to..." i walk to the door of the car and open the door. i glance back at my friends. "Are we going or what?"

"OK OK... we are leaving." Alice slides in next to me and Peter gets in the driver seat. "Dan stop being such a wimp and come on."

Alice, Peter, and I laugh as Dan moans in pain and makes his way, very slowly i might add, into the car. He plops down on the seat and turns back to me.

"Really?" Dans eyes burn into mine as Alice giggles.

I shrug my shoulders and look out the window as Peter starts the car. "You had it coming."

Dan mutters under his breath, Alice giggles a little, and Peter drives with a smile. This night is going to be fun.