A Plan and A Prize

I sat for hours rocking my daughter back and forth, calming her as much as possible. As I sat on the balcony, with my now sleeping little girl in my arms, I can't help but wonder what Orion is going to do. We have already announced to the whole pack that we had a boy and girl. More like a devil and an angel.

*SLAM*

I turn to see a frustrated Orion storming in, his eyes black and fist clenched.

"Ssshhhh you'll wake her," he slowly walks over, calming down, "it took forever for her to stop crying."

"I'm sorry... Can we talk?" He whispers to me. I nod and get up, placing the girl into her crib that they moved into this room. Orion takes my hand pulling me into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

"Orion why are we..."

Within seconds his arms are around my body, filling me with a warmth I've missed for so long. Orion buries his face into my neck, pulling me closer. "Orion?"

He moans and pulls away from me. "Sorry..." He sighs and moves over to the tube, sitting on the edge. "I just ... I don't know what to do with... Him. The pack they won't understand, I mean how could they... "

He looks so stressed and frustrated. I walk over to him and place my arms around his neck. "I have an idea. Why don't you and I take a shower and relieve some stress, then we can figure everything out ok?"

He lifts his eyes to meet mine and I see the sly, deviant smile I love. He grabs my waist, picking me up and spinning me. I giggle as he walks us into the shower, turning on the water.

"Orion! Wait I still have my clothes on!" He grins.

"Well you won't for long." His lips find mine and we are lost in the steam of the shower.

----------------------------------------------

I slip on Orion's black shirt and a pair of my jeans shorts. I walk over to the crib to find my daughter missing.

My heart starts to race. I walk into the hallway looking for the doctor or somebody. No ones here! I rush back to the room, "Orio..."

I turn and see my tall, strong mate holding this small fragile bundle in pink out on the balcony. His face is glowing in pride, a smile stretched across his face. I walk over to him and place my head on his shoulder.

"She is so beautiful..." Orion whispers. I can't help but smile. She is beautiful, her little brown hair all fuzzy on top her head, her arms tucked into the blanket she is wrapped in. She looks so snug and comfortable.

"Orion I think we should talk now." His smile slowly fades which makes my stomach turn in pain. He slowly makes his way over to her crib and gently places her inside. Then he walks back out to me, closing the balcony doors behind him. The sun is setting and it gives my handsome mate a glow that makes me almost drool.

"So have any ideas?" Orion ask me as he wraps his arms around me, kissing the top of my head.

"Yea I think so..." His eyes lightened when I said that, he obviously hates the whole situation. "Come we can sit and then I'll explain because it's really long"

Orion picks me up by the waist as I wrap my legs around him. He moves over to the chair, sitting down so now I'm straddling him. His arms tighten around me, pulling me closer.

"Ok. So since the boy and girl were just born, they can get very sick, right?" He nods and I continue. "So we could say the boy was found dead from some sickness in his sleep. The only problem with that is it might look bad on us that we cannot provide a suitable heir or something."

Orion's wheels are turning, I can see it through his eyes. I'll just continue.

"Another idea I had was maybe there is some way to get Cain out. Rather then kill the boy. But the issue is would we ever be able to trust him or look at him the same. I don't know. It was more of a hope then an actually plan. Ummm... My third idea was maybe we could give him away. "

Orion's eye met mine. "If we give him away, when he is older he could come and try to kill us or take you again."

"Yes, but Orion could you really kill him? He is just a baby... If we give him away he has a chance to live. We could find someone far away and they ..."

"I will not have the devil be a threat to you or my daughter. Artemis, if he is alive and grows up then he would come back. He would be a second Cain. I must do what is best for the pack and my family." I break from his eyes and look down. I can't help but feel pain at the thought of the boy dying. Orion takes my chin and lifts my face to meet his. His lips slowly tickle mine, teasing me, making me smile. "Never frown... You are to beautiful to frown."

I slam my lips into his. His arms tightening around me, as his hands wiggle under my shirt. I finger through his soft hair and still wet, loving the feel of it. My heart quickens as he moves from my lips to the mark he gave me when we were in the shower.

I moan as he kisses it lightly, teasing me once again. "Orion.... Stop teasing... It's unfair...." I say between breathes.

He chuckles against my skin. "Sorry babe but I'm allowed to do as I please" I pull back from him.

"Oh well two can play at that game." I stick my tongue out and hop off of him.

"Wait but... Babe please I was only kidding." I walk over to the doors and turn back to him.

"Well you need to be taught a lesson." I wink at him as I disappear into the room. He is on my heel in seconds trying to grab my waist. But I dodge his hands and scurry off out of the room and down the hall.

"Where are you going Artemis?" I turn another corner.

"Getting an apple and then you and I will go to the doctor and tell him our plans." As much as I hate to think about us killing a baby boy, he is a devil. I'll ask the doctor if there is some way to take out Cain and if not then... Well I won't like it but I must protect my daughter and my mate.

"Well the kitchen is this way." I turn to see him smirking at my mistake and pointing in the opposite direction. I sprint past him, missing his arms trying to catch me, so I am now in front of him again. "Fine. If you really want to play this game..."

He moved faster then I expected. He pinned me against the wall, holding me by the wrist above my head.

"Let's make this interesting, shall we?" His breathe was on my skin. God all I wanted to do was kiss him... Shit this will be hard. "If i kiss you first you win and if you kiss me first I win."

"And the prize?" A deviant smile creeps onto his face.

"The loser must do everything the winner says for a whole day." Just from looking into his eyes, I can see what he is thinking of his day if he wins.

"Fine... Bring it wolf boy." I squirm out of his grip and continue down the hall... Let the games begin.