It Shall Be Done

After the quick snack Orion and I found the doctor to tell him of our plans. After explaining our options, he sat quietly, thinking over everything.

"Doc?" Orion sat on the cherry wood desk in his office. His muscles bulging through his tight shirt. This game is going to be difficult...

"Well... I don't know if I can take out Cain as you say it. It was not scientifically possible for him to be in there in the first place. His mate must have been apart of it."

"But I thought she was dead" Orion had said it when we were at Cain's territory.

"Yes she is but she was a different breed of wolf. She was, from what we can gather, blessed by witches. They would put spells on her which made her very hard to kill. She must have passed some of it to her mate before she died."

"Oh..." Orion gets up and makes his way to me. His hand glides across my shoulder and to my neck, tickling me. He walks over to the wall of books.

"Doctor I believe it is in the best interest of the pack and my family that the boy be ..." He paused. "Dealt with."

I sit in my chair shocked. "Orion... The doctor might be able to find a way to..." He cut me off.

"Artemis we can't. Like he said it isn't scientifically possible for Cain to be in him in the first place. It is for the pack and for you that I'm doing this." Orion turned to the doctor. "Doctor do it."

"Don't you dare get up Doc!" I storm over to Orion. "We have to at least try!"

"No Artemis. I have made my decision." He nods for the doctor behind me to leave. I hear him get up but I can't take my eyes off of Orion. Once the door shuts I smack Orion right across the face.

He barely moved. I walked out of his office with fire in my eyes. I can't believe he would do that! Kill the boy! Won't even give the doctor a chance to try and take Cain out!

I am cut from my thoughts by the doctors screams, "Luna! He is gone! The boy is gone!"

"What do you mean he is gone!" I didn't notice it but I was screaming at him. He actually cowered away from me.

"He's not in his room. The lock on the door.... It's broken. He got out."

"Where could he have gone to?" Orion had come out of office and was standing behind me. I grabbed his hand, urging his touch to calm me because I know exactly where he was heading.

"The girl."