Chapter 12

Michael's POV

"Do you have any idea on what you're going to do?" Gavin asks. I sigh and shake my head.

"When did you guys get the letter?" Meg asks.

"Yesterday, while she was out," Lindsay answers. "The only thing we can do right now is keep a close eye on her."

I look down at the letter and reread it once more.

To Michael Jones:
You better enjoy her while she's yours. She'll soon return to who she rightfully belongs to. There's nothing you can do about it. Can't go to the police because she'll be gone before they'll be able to do anything. You can't tell her, or else she'll be taken away sooner, or even better, she'll run away.

I let out a sigh of frustration and throw the note onto the table.

"You're really worried about her, aren't you?" Gav asks. I let out another sigh and nod. "How about we make sure that someone from RT is by her at all times. Like who's with her right now?"

"Ray is watching her, but she has a date with Dylan tonight," I tell him.

"Well, find out where they're going to eat out and Gav and I could keep an eye on her," Meg suggests.

"That's actually not a bad idea," Lindsay comments.

"You're right," I say in agreement. "You just gotta make sure that she doesn't know you're spying on her."

"Don't worry," Meg says. "She'll hopefully think that Gav and I are going on a date night." I nod and look at the time. 5:30.

"Looks like it's time for us to get back to our place," I say standing up. "I'll text you the information later."

"Alright," they say. We all stand up, giving one another a hug, before Linds and I exit. We get into the car and make our way to our apartment.

"You know, we really need to get a house soon," Lindsay mentions on the way home. "It's starting to get a bit cramped in our apartment, and there doesn't seem to be enough room for everything. Plus, I think Amy would be happier in a bigger area."

"Well, I guess it's best since Ray's planning on moving too," I comment. "I guess we could go house hunting when Ray and Tina decide to go."

"Okay," she smiles. After about five minutes, we finally get into the parking lot of our apartment complex. We get out and quickly make it upstairs. Right as we approach our apartment, Peyton walks out.

"Hi Michael. Hi Lindsay," he says.

"Hi Peyton," we say.

"I'm not sure if Amy's home," I tell him.

"I actually wanted to talk to you," he says.

"Okay," I reply.

"So, I really like Amy, but I still want to get to know her fully before I decide to act upon my feelings. I would like to have your permission to ask her out on a date," he explains. I look over to Lindsay who nods. "So what do you say?"

"I trust you," I tell him, causing him to smile. "But, you need to know that she's been through a lot. It's not my place to tell, but I just want you to know to be careful. Also, it's ultimately not my decision if she'll go, but I trust that you won't do anything bad."

"Thank you sir," he says.

"You know, you don't have to call me sir," I mention. "I'm her cousin, not her father."

"Okay," he says.

"Do you want to come in?" I ask him.

"Uh, sure," he says. I nod and open the door. I let him in first before Lindsay and I walk in.