Chapter 6

Amelia's POV

The car ride to Geoff's was silent. I was trying my best not to fall asleep in all honesty.

"About how long would it be to get there?" he asks as we pull out of the parking lot.

"About half an hour," I admit.

"Okay," he says. I tell him the directions there. Five minutes into the ride, I feel my eyes getting heavier. "You can go to sleep if you want."

"Don't you need directions there though?" I ask. He pulls into a nearby parking lot and parks. "What's the address?" I tell him the address and he puts it in his phone. "There, I'll just use my phone's GPS to find my way. Now go get some sleep. I don't need you to fall asleep at the wheel." I nod, letting my eyes fall heavily.

I soon wake up to Peyton poking me.

"We're here," he whispers. I nod and get out of the car, grabbing the bag I packed for Lindsay and Michael.

"Thank you for the ride," I say.

"No problem AJ," he tells me.

"Good night Peyton. Be safe," I tell him.

"Good night Amy," he replies. "Get home safely." I nod before closing the passenger door. I walk up to Geoff's house and ring the doorbell. I look back to see Peyton drive off. The door opens, causing me to turn around.

"Hi Amy," Geoff says.

"I brought Mikey and Linds a bag of clothes," I say handing it to him.

"Thank you," he tells me. "Here are the keys to the car. Now drive home safely, and I want you at the office at 8 tomorrow morning."

"Alright," I say. "Are you sure you don't want me to take them home?"

"Nah, I don't want you to be around Michael drunk," he tells me.

"Alright," I say. "See you tomorrow." I turn around and walk to the car. I unlock it and get in. I start the engine and head home. After about half an hour, I make it into the parking lot. I walk turn off the car and let my eyes start drifting a bit. My phone rings, causing me to sit up. I look to see it's a text from Peyton.

From: Peyton <3
Did you get home safely? ~Rory Williams

To: Peyton <3
Yeah, I just parked the car ~Amelia Pond

I get out of the car, locking the doors before I head into the apartment complex. I make it up three flights of stairs. As I approach my door, I see Peyton sitting by my door.

"What are you doing at my door for once?" I teasingly ask.

"My brother told me you were home alone, so I thought I would stay the night to make sure nothing bad happens. I mean, if that's alright with you," he admits.

"Go and sleep in your own bed," I tell him. "I might go to Ray's in all honesty."

"Oh," he says, his smile faltering.

"Actually," I start, "you can stay here." His smile returns as we walk into the apartment. "Just give me a minute to put my phone in its charger." He nods. I run into my room, plugging in both my phone and my laptop before running back into the living room.

"So, where are we going to sleep?" he asks.

"Umm, it depends, do you mind sharing a bed?" I inquire.

"I don't mind at all," he replies.

"Well then, we're sleeping in my room," I tell him. He smiles. We head into my room. "Sorry, my room's still a mess. I'm still unpacking."