Chapter 26

A/N: Trigger warning- self harm. Nothing is explicitly depicted, but there is a mention of self harm.

Also, this chapter is going to switch point of views between Amy and Michael a few times. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Michael's POV

"Where is she?" I frantically ask as I run up her guardians.

"She's just gone," one of them answer. I then look over to Peyton.

"From what I know, she ran in to get her phone. She was gone for ten minutes before Paul walked in to look for her. He told me that she was no where to be seen, but her mask was on the floor," Peyton explains. "The police are on their way." I nod as Lindsay comes up to me and rubs my back soothingly.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look over to see one of her guardians. I think his name is Paul. "I don't know if you want it, but this is her mask," he tells me holding it out. I nod and take it. I look to see that she had writing on the inside of it. There were small little doodles and a phone number.

"Paul, do you know whose phone number this is?" I ask him.

"Yeah, it's her cousin's," he tells me. "She wanted to know, but she was in the middle of the Every Little Moment meet up and Aleks had her phone, so she had me write it down on her mask." I nod. I take a seat on the side as I try to hold in my tears. Soon enough, the police come and look through the security footage.

"Sir, do you recognize any of these faces?" a police officer asks me. I get up and look at the footage.

"That's Mackenzie and Carter," I answer. "I thought Mackenzie was in juvie."

"It looks like she found a way to escape," he comments. "We'll send out a search party. In the meantime, just please have faith." Before I could say anything, Lindsay thanks them and leads me away.

"So what happened?" Peyton asks as we walk away.

"They fucking took her," I yell. "Whoever did this fucking took her!" Before I could say or do anything else I get a text. I take out my phone and look at it.

Told you that you had until RTX! Now she's with who she truly belongs with. ~OMR

I scream and throw my phone. Peyton catches it before it breaks while Lindsay holds me.

"Michael, please just-"

"Please what? Calm down? I CAN'T FUCKING CALM DOWN KNOWING THAT MY COUSIN IS OUT THERE WITH A PSYCHOPATH FROM HER PARENTS' PAST!" I scream. Lindsay flinches. My eyes soften as I look at the fear in her eyes. She's seen me rage at games, but this is nothing compared to that. I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Peyton.

"I know this is going to be hard to deal with, but Amy wouldn't want you to be yelling and punching things," he tells me. "She'd want you to be strong and have faith."

I let out a sigh and crack out a small smile. "You're starting to sound like her," I mention.

"Maybe she's rubbing off on me." I finally make eye contact and see that he's getting teary-eyed. I look over at Lindsay and notice the tears threatening her eyes too. I pull both of them in for a hug.

"We will find her," I state. "I'll find her, no matter what it takes."

"What happened?" Ray asks running over. I look over to him and let go of the two. "Please tell me that it was all a lie."