Chapter 25

Amelia's POV

"Ready for today?" Lindsay asks me as we wait for the two boys to finish getting ready.

"I guess," I sigh. I take out the letter my parents wrote me and reread it.

Dear Amelia,

Please know that we love you with all of our heart. At the time we're writing this, someone's trying to break in. We already knew this was coming. In high school, there's a girl who was obsessed with your father. They dated for a while before we got together. At that moment, she tried everything she could to break us up. One day while you were at school, she threatened to take you away from us. She believes that you should have been your child. If you're reading this, that means she either murdered us or something way worse. Just know that we love you, and please be careful. We don't know what she's capable of.

~Alice and Christopher Jones aka Mom and Dad

"Please be careful at your meet up," she tells me. "Michael and I won't be able to go, but we've asked Barb to give you more guardians and two security guards."

"Thank you, for everything," I say. "I know that you were worried about giving me a normal life, but you already knew nothing about this was going to be normal."

"I tried my best," she smiles. I give her a hug.

"If anything happens-"

"Nothing will happen," she interrupts.

"But if anything does, please take care of Michael. Make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid," I tell her.

"I will," she replies.

"You girls ready to go?" Michael asks walking in. We nod and get up. "Peyton said that he has to grab Sabrina, Uriah, Rowan, and Corey, so it's just us three." We walk to the convention center to meet up with Barb.

"Hey Amy," she smiles as I walk up to her. "You know Zach and Kai of course. This is Jazmine and-"

"Paul?" I interrupt.

"Amy!" he exclaims pulling me into a hug.

"Paul, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm a guardian," he says. "And it looks like I'm your PA."

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Michael questions.

"Yeah, he's a friend from Chicago," I tell him. "I met him through my cousins on my mom's side. Which reminds me, do you have any of their numbers?"

"They just recently got phones," he chuckles. "We can facetime them later."

"Anyways, we gotta find Clara," I tell them.

"You have a signing though," Michael reminds me.

"But we have a thing that we decided to do," I say.

"Did someone say Draco Malfoy!" Clara yells jumping onto my back. I grab her legs and hold her up.

"You're lucky that it's you. If it were anyone else, I would have dropped them," I tell her.

"I know," she says kissing my cheek. "Anyways, I have the masks in my bag."

"What masks?" Lindsay asks me.

"Just wait. We have a surprise for you guys," I smirk.

"There they are!" Clara and I turn around to see the rest of our group.

"Did you finish the masks?" Faith asks.

"Yes," she answers jumping off my back. "And you're lucky too. I had to hide this from Ryan, and there are way too many Burnie faces."