I'm Not Afraid

Kera Wendell

I finally woke up, and called Riya after I got dressed. So much fucking drama last night. Marcus was already at the store, being the replacement manager for now.

It was 12pm and I was happy I got to sleep in and picking up Layla in about 20 minutes. Not in the fucking mode for, Trey ass nor his friends. Miss me with that bullshit.

Riya, my best friend, my sister was downstairs making us breakfast. I had on something simple for today. My fashion Nova jeans and my tan shirt. You know I had my Rolex and dimond earrings. My hair was in a curly ponytail, with a slight bit of makeup on.

Grabbing my black boots and fully charged iPhone, heading downstairs. In the kitchen Riya was finishing up breakfast; hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, fried eggs, and my chai coffee.

Everything looked so good, all coming from my best friend.

"Thank you baby." I said Hugging her as she smiled.

"Welcome."

We fixed plates and said grace. Digging into the good meal she fixed in about twenty minutes. Riya a good cook!

"Glad, I'm coming because if anything pop off. I will fight a bitch or a nigga."

"Riya! Calm down now. That's not why we're going over there."

"I know but I was just saying..."

*****

Latterly, we finished eating and kept a slight conversation. We headed over to Trey's, in separate cars. I made sure to get Layla's diaper bag and things before I left.

We pulled in his driveway seeing a few familiar cars. We both got out, as Seriya looked ready to cuss everybody in that house, out.

Knocking on his door, for at least five minutes so far, knowing damn well somebody heard the door.

He answered looking as he always does, looking at both Seriya and I. He rolled his eyes, opening the door and walking away. Yet I'm the miserable one.

When, Seriya and I walked into, the kitchen his usual bitches was there; Chris, August, Brittany, JD, JayR, and KidRed. Trey had walking to the kitchen and sat down as we followed.

Maybe he been smoking some weed or something because, number one, where's Layla? Number two, why we going in the kitchen? Number three, what's the attitude for?

As Riya and I followed, weird ass Trey sat down, Brittany and Chris looked my way and gave attitude. Holding, what I got left of patients in for these hoes.

"Trey? Trey!" He didn't answer as he kept talking to August. I'm losing it.

"Trey?!-"

"Yes, what the hell do ya ass want?" He spat, as Brittany and Chris, August and Red laughed.

"You know why the fuck I'm here! Don't play no stupid as games because I'm not in the mood. You got me following you like I know where Layla at. Grow the fuck up and step yall dick up, wit ya sorry ass! Where the hell is my daughter?" I sighed walking out of the kitchen and into the living room.

He followed behind looking livid. But I couldn't give a damn.

"You come up, in house talking all crazy and shit fuck is wrong-"

"Me? Wow Trey. You knew why I was coming. No different than last week and the weeks before that. You just mad because I moved on from ya sorry ass. I came over for one fucking reason and that is for my daughter."

"I can find a women, someone who wont get me shot! So Fuck you!" He spat.

"Keep bringing up the past Trey! You ain't over me yet? Huh? I'm not the one who cheated let bitches give you head and yo ass begging me back so many times! Anyways go get my daughter, I ain't come here to argue and be around ya sorry punk ass."