Nine

Heaven

Really loud thunder woke me up. I could hear the rain against my window and there was so much wind. Lightning lighted up my room. I'm still terrified of thunder storms. I just hate them. I got out of bed and left my room. I opened the door. I still hate him for what he did, but right now I don't really care. "Jay." I said, shaking him. He groaned. "Justin." I said. His eyes opened. "What?" There was thunder again. I heard him sigh. "Get in." He said and closed his eyes again. "Thanks." I whispered and got in next to him.

I woke up. Arms were wrapped around me. I turned around and snuggled more into their chest. I was laying so comfy that I just wanted to fall back asleep. I heard a groan, making me look up. My eyes widened. I sat up and tried to get up but his grip tightened. I rolled my eyes. Now I understand why I was so comfy. What am I doing in here anyway? Oh yeah. The storm.

"Justin, I know you're awake." I said. He opened his eyes to look at me. I was glaring at him, causing him to smirk. "Let me go. I gotta go to school. And I still don't forgive you." "You said something different last night." He said still with that smirk on his face. He let go off me. Oh no. "What did I do?" I asked. "Well you were mumbling in your sleep 'Justin, I still love you. Please don't leave me.' and it was like you were crying." He explained. "No way I said that." I said, shaking my head as I got out of his bed. "You know I wouldn't lie about that." "I need to get ready for school." I said and walked to my room.

Justin

I was surprised when I found Heaven in my bed this morning. But I was also happy about it. I really miss her. I want my best friend back. I messed everything up and I don't think I can fix it. I need to gain her trust again. But how? I'm leaving tonight and she probably will hate me even more if she finds that out. At the moment; I hate my life.

"Is everything packed?" Dad asked, walking in my room. "Yeah, I think so." I said. "Alright. We'll take our suitcases downstairs. We leave in an hour or we will miss our flight." "Okay dad." We took the suitcases and brought them downstairs. "What time are you leaving?" Heaven's mom asked. "In an hour." Dad replied. "I know that I'm gonna miss you both so much." She said. "We'll come back." I said, giving her a hug.

The front door opened, making me pull away. Heaven walked in and looked confused when she saw our bags. She looked at me. "You're leaving again, aren't you?" She said, kinda sad. "Yeah." I said, nodding my head. She shook her head and ran upstairs. "I'll go." I sighed and went after her. "Heaven, can I come in?" I asked, opening her door. She sat on her bed. Her back facing me. She just shrugged, so I took that as a yes and walked in, closing the door behind me. "What's wrong?" I asked. "You're leaving again. That's what's wrong." She said. She sounded like she was crying. "I thought you wanted me to leave." I said truthfully.

Heaven got up and stood in front of me. I was right. She's crying. "Why are you crying?" "Don't you realize it, Justin?" She asked. I shook my head. "I don't want you to leave." She confessed. What?! She's so confusing. I thought she hated me. "I thought you hated me and that you were mad at me." I said confused. "I could never hate you, Justin. Even if I want to, I can't" She said quietly. I didn't know what to say. I was just so confused. The next thing I knew was Heaven sobbing in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her. "Please don't leave. I'm sorry." She managed to say. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for moving on. I'm sorry for trying to forget about you. I'm sorry for letting you down. I'm so sorry for everything." I whispered. Heaven pulled back and looked in my eyes. She was still in my arms though. "Don't leave." "I have to. I have to go to school. But I'll be back before you know it." I told her. "Does this mean I have my best friend back?" She asked, hugging me again. "If you want." "I'd love to." I felt her smile.

The door opened and her mom walked in. "Oh sorry. Am I interrupting something?" She asked. "We just made up." Heaven smiled. "Finally. I thought you never would." She said. I laughed. "Oh yeah Justin, your dad asks where you are. He already wants to leave." "I'll be right there." I said.

She left the room. I looked at Heaven. "I love your mom." "She loves you too. Remember we had this fight about who she loved more?" "Yeah I remember." I laughed. "C'mon. I gotta go." I took her hand and we went downstairs. "There you are." Dad said. "Yeah." I chuckled. "I'll miss you." Heaven said. "I'll miss you too." I said. I hugged her and then turned to her mom. "And I'm also gonna miss you." I said and hugged her. "I'm gonna miss you too." "Thank you for everything." I told her. "Justin, you know I'm always there for you. You're like the son I've never had." She said.

I pulled back and I saw Heaven smiling while looking at us. I looked into her eyes and smiled back at her. And for the first time since I've been back, the spark was in her eyes again.