Twenty-three

Heaven

Great. Now I don't only have a fight with Justin but also with Alice. Life clearly hates me. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm losing everyone. "Sweetie, are you okay?" Mom asked, walking in my room. "No." I said, shaking my head. She sat down on my bed next to me and pulled me in for a hug. "Want to tell me what's wrong?" "I caught Justin and Charlotte kissing. He said she forced him, but Charlotte tells me the complete opposite. I just don't know who to believe. Justin was acting weird and Alice told me that was because Charlotte had threatened to hurt me if he didn't stay away from me. I don't know what to do." I told her. I heard her sigh. "Go talk to Justin. You need to hear his side of the story. And Heaven, just listen to your heart. It always tells you the truth." She said before getting up and leaving my room.

"Hey Jeremy. Is Justin home?" I asked when he opened the door. "Yeah. Come in." He said and closed the door behind me. I thanked him. "Justin, someone's here for you!" He yelled at the bottom if the stairs. "Who is it? Alice?" I heard him ask as he walked down the stairs. "Heaven?" He asked surprised. I'll be upstairs." Justin's dad said and walked out the living room. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I came to talk to you." "There's not much to talk about. I already told you everything." He said. "We have to fix this." He looked at me with hurt in his eyes. "Fix this? I don't think I want to be with someone who can't trust me or who doesn't believe in me." He sighed. "Can you leave? Please?" He asked before going back upstairs.

I left his house and went back home. I really lost him, didn't I? I hate my life right now. I have known Charlotte since I was 5. She has never lied to me before. So why would she now? I don't understand it.

When I walked to my room, I noticed bags standing in the hallway. Who's going on vacation without asking me? Charlotte came out of the guest room with another bag. I am so confused right now. "Where are you going?" I asked. "Home. My work here is done." "Home? I thought you hated your parents and what's that supposed to mean?" "Are you crazy? They give me everything I want. I love them to death." She told me. "Your little boyfriend and best friend both don't want to talk to you anymore. So my work is done. Time to go home." I can't believe what I'm hearing. "Who are you and what did you do to my best friend?" "She left when you left a couple of years ago. You know being lonely and having no friends really changes you." she told me. "When I left you had a bunch of friends. Not just me." "They only liked me because of you. So when you left, they didn't need me anymore."

I seriously don't get this. I mean she was like popular. There has to be another explication why she's acting like this. This isn't anything like her at all. Alice and Justin have been telling me the truth all along and I didn't believe them. I can be so stupid sometimes.