Twenty-four

Justin

"That's what you said to her?" I asked Alice. "Yep." She replied, nodding her head. "Don't you think you're a little hard on her?" "Nah. Maybe. But she deserves it."

I actually feel bad about treating Heaven like this. I mean she didn't do anything wrong. I hurt her. It's not the other way around. She didn't believe me, but I can't blame her. She was confused and didn't know what to do. Alice is just overreacting way too much. I mean Heaven didn't do anything to her. I really don't get it. Something's wrong. Something's going on.

Alice and I walked into the school together since she still gives me rides. Heaven was standing at her locker. I stopped walked and just stood there looking at her. She looked beautiful. She noticed someone was looking her, so she looked around and her gaze stopped when she saw me. Her eyes were filled with so much hurt.

"C'mon Justin. We gotta go." Alice said annoyed and tried to drag me behind her. I gave Heaven a sorry look. She looked down and turned back to her locker. I followed Alice and walked to class. I just want to walk up to her and kiss her and hug her and tell her how much I love her. This is killing me. Why can't everything go back to the way it used to be?

All day Heaven has been looking depressed and sad. It hurts me so much. This isn't anything like her. She's always happen and smiling. This is not my Heaven. "Do we really have to do this?" I asked Alice as we sat down to eat lunch. I'm actually not that hungry. "Yeah." "Why?" I asked. "Because... Because she hurt us by not believing us." She replied not really caring. "Don't you think you're overreacting?" I didn't give her time to respond. "Actually this has nothing to do with you. This is between me and Heaven. And btw I am mature enough to forgive." I told her and walked away. I need to find Heaven. I need to talk to her. Like she said; we need to fix this. I can't lose her.

Heaven

Today must have been the worst day of my life. Alice and Justin don't talk to me. I can see Justin wants to just by the way he looks at me. But something holds him back. Or better someone. Alice. Why was she so overreacting the other day? Yeah, I didn't believe her. But that's no reason to act like this. I mean I didn't do anything to her. I'm telling you she's crazy.

I sat down outside on the ground against the tree Justin used to sit at. How I miss those times. I miss hanging around with Justin at the lake after school. I miss him sneaking into my room late at night. I just miss the old times. The times before he left.

"Can I sit here?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw Justin. "Yeah sure." I said quietly. "I need to talk to you." We both said at the same time. I giggled. "You go first." I told him. "I'm sorry." He said, looking into my eyes. "No, I'm sorry. For not believing you when you were speaking the truth." "It's fine. Everyone makes mistakes. We're human." He said. I smiled small. "So that means you forgive me?" He asked me. "Of course." I smiled and placed my lips on his.