The Community.

As Carl and I were walking though the forest, we snuck by some walkers and some we had to kill some. It was started to get dark and I felt rather nervous. This boy can make a move when it's dark. He could attack me or use me as the bait for the walkers that come after us. I sighed, looking at Carl, making sure he would not make any funny or stupid moves. He looked back at me, smiling.
"Are you alright?" Carl asks me, raising his eyebrow slightly.
"Y-yeah, I am fine. I guess." I said looking away.
"What does 'I guess' mean?"
"Well, for all I know, you can be lying. It's hard to trust people anymore."
"Even though we don't know each other very well, you can trust me. Even though we have not talked much, you are such a quiet person, just like Enid." Carl said smiling, and his cheeks became tinted pink.
"Who's this Enid?" I asked Carl in a slight jealous tone.
"She is a girl at the community. She was the first girl I saw in a long time, then you came. It's cool having someone around my age. Also, I forgot to tell you, there are other kids at our community. This boy's name is Ron, we don't get along well. And his little brother, Sam. I don't talk to him though. He is like 10 I think." He said, slightly laughing.
"That's cool I guess. Sorry I don't talk much." I said looking at Carl.
"N-no. It's alright."
We walked for about 10 more minutes, Carl spoke.
"Welcome to Alexandria." He said smiling.
I saw the huge walls, and I look at the building by it. It was old, and really wrecked, at what I can see. It was rather dark, and the gate opened, and an older gentleman ran out.
"Carl!" The man yelled hugging Carl.
"Where the hell were you?" The man asked, not knowing I was even there.
"Dad, I'm fine, just going for a walk." Carl said, pushing the man off.
I watched while they hugged. It made me feel happy again, like hope was in this world. When the man let go of Carl he saw me,
"Who the hell is that Carl?" The man asked.
"Dad, this is (y/n). (Y/n) This is my dad, Rick."
Rick sighed heavily, and looked at Carl, "Come in guys. I need to talk to you Carl."
Carl nodded, and we walked in the gaits as he shut them.
"I mean to trouble Rick, I was ju-"
Carl looked at me and shook his head no and Rick just was ignoring me anyway. I sighed and followed.
"You." As Rick pointed at me, "You need to go away, I need to talk to Carl alone." He said, glaring at me. He seemed angry and upset with Carl. I nodded and walked away. This man walked up to me. He had brown curly hair, he was taller then me, and he spoke, "Hello, I am Aaron. Welcome to Alexandria."
I looked down, and twisted my foot.
"No need to be shy and you are?"
"(Y/n)." I said in a quiet tone, look up at the man.
"It's late, and you barely got here. I'll let you stay at my home in one of the rooms and I will get to know you better. Okay?"
"Y-yeah, okay."
"My house is just right there, please come as soon as you can so I can go to sleep with no worries." He pointed by a nearby house and I nodded as he walk off.
I can hear Rick and Carl arguing. I felt like they were fighting about me, but there was nothing I can do. About 5 five minutes later, Rick walked up to me, and looked in my eyes. I could feel his anger and his worry about what I'll do.
"How many walkers have you killed?" He said sternly.
"I-I d-don-don't know. Maybe over 200. I a-am n-not qu-"
"How many people have you killed?" He said interrupting me.
"L-like... I am n-not sure."
"That's not an answer." It took me awhile to think.
"Like um. T-ten I think, w-with out t-them b-be-being bitten."
"Why?" He said slightly yelling.
"Dad! She is fi-" Carl said.
"Carl, this does not involve you." He said growling.
"Be-because they tried to kill me, and be-because I had to, to keep the love ones around me s-safe."
Rick let go of my arm, by now I was shaking. I'm scared, was it really safe here? Maybe he is just protecting his family. I know how it is. I sigh and Carl comes by me.
"I am sorry about my dad."
"No it's really alright." I replied with my voice shaking.
"Carl, let's go." Rick demanded.
Carl walked off and I went to Aaron's house. I knocked and he opened the door.
"Welcome (y/n)!" He seemed happy and his face lit up. "Your room is upstairs, second on the right, bathroom is on the left in the hall first door, if you want to get washed up. I have some extra clothes up in your room, and I can get those clothes your wearing washed up."
"O-okay. T-thank you." I said nodding slightly.
Aaron nodded, and handed me a towel.
"When ever you want to shower, here is a towel, I will be in the living room for a couple more hours, so just come get me if you need me." I nodded as he welcomed me to walk in, he shut the door and locked it behind him.
"Oh, I forgot to ask, do you have any type of gun on you? We need it because it's just a rule here." Aaron asked.
"N-no, just a knife. I promise."
He nodded and sat on the couch,and started to read a book.
I walked around and looked at some pictures. There are pictures of him,and his family I am going to assume and some pictures of him hugging and kissing a check of another male. I feel a little more comfortable, I'm going to assume he is gay. I smile and walk up stairs, heading up to the room.
The bed was a king sized bed, with a simple, black and White bedding, then I look at the closet, seeing shirts, then I looked to the left, seeing a dresser, with a television on it. There was some movies and shows. Then I saw the DVD player. I sighed and looked at the shirts and picked a simple white tee shirt, then I open the dresser, seeing pants and belts. The pants were 1 or 2 sizes to big for me, so I will use the belt I already have. I picked a simple, faded skinny jeans and put them on the dresser. There was underwear, but no bras. I sighed and saw some sweatpants, and then I looked In the closet, looking for a over sized shirt I can wear. I found a black long sleeve, and got a pair of underwear that fit. I went downstairs, and walked in the bathroom. I shut the door and locked it.
I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair in a ponytail was messy, my hair was ratty. My face was covered in blood, my eye was black, and my neck had a scar on it. I forgot about the scar. It happened when my brother became crazy and attempted to kill me. I take off my shirt, and I had a couple bruises. I sighed and took my hair out of the pony tail, I looked though the drawers and found a brush. I started brushing my hair, and it felt relaxing. I was looking though more drawers and I found I first aid kit. I got the cleaning alcohol and poured some on a piece of toilet paper. I put it to the cut on my head, and it stared burning. The sting started to fade, then washed all the dirt and blood off my hands, them I cleaned then with the alcohol also.
I took off the rest if my clothes and opened the bright yellow curtains. I turned on the warm water, and then I walked in. The water washed all the dirt, blood grease out of my hair. I looked over and saw the strawberries and cream shampoo and conditioner, and then a almond and coconut body wash. I smelled the shampoo and conditioner, and it made me feel like I was home again, where I was safe, and I know people would always be there to protect me. I rubbed the shampoo and conditioner in my hair. When I rinsed out my hair, I felt calm and relaxed. I felt like I was home. When I was washing my body, I saw a razor. It had the cap on it, and I took it off. The was no sign of hair, or blood. So I used it. I shaved my armpits, and legs. I rinsed off my body, and shut of the water. I get my towel, and dry myself off. I look at my head again, and little blood was coming out.
I sighed, and put on my underwear, sweatpants, and the oversized shirt. I brushed out my hair again, and put it up in the ponytail. I walked out the bathroom, and called Aaron's name.
"A-Aaron, here are my clothes."
Aaron walked up to me and grabbed them.
"And also, I think I need my stitches or something, my head won't stop bleeding."
Aaron smiled, and looked at my head.
"Yeah, it does look like that. Just stay down here, and give me a minute."
I nodded, and Aaron walked out of the room. About 3 minutes later, he came out with a rag, some medicine, a cup of water, and a needle and thread.
"So how did this head injury happen?" Aaron asked as he handed the the cup of water, and the pills.
"May I ask what is this medicine is?"
"Just some pain relievers, because I know your head hurts."
I laughed slightly, "I was in a group, then I broke one of the rules. I was suppose to keep a secret about someone was going to murder someone, and the person was my aunt, that was going to get murder. She," I sighed deeply, starting to tear up, "She was murdered anyway, and my so what called 'friend' slammed my head against something. It all went black, then I woke up in the forest. I was lucky they did not kill me. They killed a lot, and I did not, which I got in trouble a lot more for but, what ever I guess." I wiped the tear running down my cheek.
"Oh. I am sorry to hear about that. This is going to hurt."
He put the thread though the needle, and started to stitch.
It hurt like hell. My head started to throb, and I felt like someone put a lighter by my cut. I gritted my teeth, and clenched my fist, trying to relax. About 5 minutes later, he stopped and cleaned it. He blew on my head, so it would not sting so bad.
"Well, go upstairs and get some rest. I will be down stairs if you need me. Okay?" Aaron smiled.
"Okay." I walked upstairs. And shut the door. I opened the window near by, and looked at the night sky. I unlocked locked the window, and cracked it open, hearing the faint sound of the crickets. It was calming, then I walked into bed. I sighed, and quickly feel asleep.