~The Forbidden Fruit~

Love. It's beautiful isn't it? The power it posseses, the way it can make a person feel. How it can dictate a person's actions, and change a person's attitude. Almost everyone wants it, mainly because it's the closest thing we have to magic. Also a love story makes for a great story to tell, what does magic and a story make for? Well, a very magical love story. The purpose of the brief rant I just gave is to introduce to you my story, my very own magical love story. To you, it might not sound too magical, but to me it was like levitation. The journey and the struggle was painful, but the special moments made it all worth it. I am here to share my tale of summer, the long, hot, sticky, journey to Love.

My name is Casey Tatum, I am nineteen years old and I happen to be a nerd. Yes, I am a nerd but I am very proud of it, but in every family there is a nerd, and then there's a socialite. The unfortunate part about this is, my brother is the socialite, the ladies' man, the player, the all around class A jackass. What I can never understand is why girls take crap from guys like him, or are even attracted to him. The thing that really stresses and stumps my cranial lobes is how he managed to obtain a girlfriend of three years.

Let me give you a bit of backround on everything. My brother is Jared Tatum, the player of the entire city of Ojai. From seventh grade onto now my brother has been the desired guy, sporting the classic all american man look, blond hair, blue eyes, lean muscular build, dashing smile, the whole nine yards. Girls fall all over themselves to get to him, whether or not he is taken is not a factor, and he just laps it up. I, on the other hand, am the average brunnete, green eyed, slim geek. Don't get me wrong I'm not the stereotypical inexperienced, awkward,clumsy, uncoordinated, in athletic, virgin geek. Okay, I am a bit clumsy and awkward but I have had sex. I lost my virginity at the ripe age of sixteen, to my girlfriend of a year, however I have never been in love.

My best friend is a girl, I know surprising right? Her name is Naomi Travis, and ironically enough she is my brother's girlfriend's best friend too. Naomi is a looker, nice body, black hair, brown eyes, plump kissers and a lovely smile. We met in second grade, and happened to live down the street from each other. Now, her being the best friend of Jared's girlfriend and also mine, she plays a major role in this story, she is like a mole if you will. Naomi just happened to be a venter and I was her confidant, before I give too much away I'm going to change directions.

A story isn't complete without the antagonist, you may have thought my brother was the antangonist in this story but he isn't. The villain of this story, or rather in my eyes is none other than, Drew Kessler. Like me, Drew is a brunnete with green eyes, only he has an edge to him. His green eyes are electric and outstanding, he is very cut, and he holds an air of mystery. Gah, he makes me sick!

I am full aware you are more than confused at this point but stick with me for the rest of this ride and everything shall become crystal clear. It all started the last day of school, better known as graduation day! Guess what my role was there. That's right, I was validictorian. Get ready for the summer of my life...