~The Forbidden Fruit~ Chapter Eleven

Thursday afternoon Nick and I were lazing around on the couch stuffing our faces with chips and chocolate, bored to tears. Simply chewing my food felt like a taxing deed, this was what I hated about Summer; on the hotter days I grew hopelessly sluggish.

"I feel heavy." Nick droned with a full mouth.

Tipping my snickers at him in agreement, I inhaled the last bite, struggling to chew the ooey-gooey bar. A ring of the doorbell caused both I and my brother to groan miserably.

"Of course, it never ends!" I cried dramatically. Huffing while rocking out of the cushions, I dragged to the door and peered through the peep hole. A gasp escaped me upon recognizing Drew on my doorstep, I had forgotten he wanted me ready for Thursday! But I hadn't forgotten how I told myself I'd make it tough on him.

Plotting revenge, I scurried back to the living room with new found energy, I snatched my brother up from the couch and slapped my hands to his cheeks.

"Do you want to help me have fun?"

With his cheeks smooshed and his lips puckered like a fish, he eyed me warily.

"I think you're suffering from a spontaneous sugar rush-"

My hands pushed his cheeks closer together, in an effort to shut him up.

"No time, answer my question. Do you want to help me have fun?" I reitterated.

At the moment he resembled a flounder, but I was too determined to laugh.

"Sure."

Releasing his cheeks at once, I rambled through what I wanted him to do; lets just say the matter was going to get fairly physical. Nick hurried up the stairs with me at his heels, we collected what we needed and commenced with the plan.

Drew pov.

Arriving at Andy's house bright in the afternoon was foreign to me, as a matter of fact just interacting with her at all was offhand. Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of girlfriends and 'friends', it was just a bit surreal when it came to this one. First off, I had never spoken any words to this girl until the day after graduation, and second she was somewhat hostile and a little unsettling. Yet, in an odd way, I was fascinated by it and willed it to change.

On the first ring, I thought I heard a voice but recieved no answer, patiently I waited twenty seconds before ringing it again. This time when I recieved no answer I grew suspicious, either she wasn't there or she was pretending not to be. Whistling a casual tune, I stuffed my hands in my pockets and took a nice stroll to the side of the house. Seizing my tune, I came to a halt at the corner of the brick house that held the back yard on the other side of it; I eased my head around the corner and recieved a blast of warm liquid to my face. Upon opening my eyes, I almost guffawed at the two people before me and their ninja like positions.

Andy was stood with her legs apart, cradling a super soaker water gun in her hands, pointed directly at me. I have to say she still looked attractive, I quite enjoyed the determined glint in her eyes and her hair carelessy falling around her shoulders. Sporting green cargo skinny jeans, a red and black baby band tee, and red converse told me she meant business. The smaller boy next to her was armed with two smaller water guns, also aimed at me. I took a wild guess and figured he was her brother. If not, I think she would be getting arrested pretty soon.

Running my tongue across my lips to capture the water on them, I quirked an eyebrow at the pair.

"Going black ops on me?"

The small brunette boy spoke up, appearing even more serious than Andy.

"Walk away and no one has to get hurt."