~The Forbidden Fruit~ Chapter Two

Jared pov.

The party went on longer than I thought it would, but I had no problem with that. The girls were flirty when the old people went inside, a few slipped their digits in my pocket, I could only imagine what it would've been like if liquor was in the lemonade. I thanked Mom and Dad for the fun and went straight to my magic pad. Before I took my suit off I snapped a couple of pictures for Facebook, Twitter and Mocospace. Surely the comments and likes would pile up. After changing I checked my Droid for missed calls and texts, the usual sweet texts from the girls at school, some from basketball friends and missed calls from exes. None at all from my girlfriend, then I noticed she wasn't there, why wasn't she there? I only left her for a few hours, she should've stayed.

I gave her a ring, when she picked up I frowned.

"I expected you to be in critical condition." She knew how upset I was.

"Excuse me?"

I sat at my computer to upload my pictures.

"There should be some life threatening reason to explain why you left the party. Care to explain?"

I heard her sigh.

"I do have a little brother who can't exactly fend for himself, and not to mention you left me all alone on the wall."

I scowled.

"What does fencing have to do with anything? And I only left you for a few hours."

A short moment of silence passed, I checked the phone to make sure she was still on the line.

"Fencing? who said anything about that? Actually don't answer that. Two: there is so much wrong with what you just said, think about it, you left me by myself for hours."

"I can't talk about this over the phone, I'm coming over okay?"

"Yeah."

I hung up and finished posting my pictures and replying to my twenty messages before logging off, stepping into my shoes and trotting to my car. I passed my brother on the way, when did he leave?

"Hey bro when did you leave? You missed the best part of the party."

He snapped his fingers.

"Oh darn, I thought I could make it back in time. Guess I missed out."

I clapped him on the back.

"Better luck next time."

Twenty minutes later I was outside of Andy's house, she opened the door and I didn't hesitate.

"Don't do that."

She closed the door behind me.

"Don't do what?"

I folded my arms.

"Don't make me the bad guy, you know who's fault it is."

Her eyebrows rose.

"Uh, yeah its yours. You abandoned me the entire time."

I shook my head.

"No, I told you I had to talk to some important people, I can't control how long they bend my ear."

She scowled.

"My apologies Jared, I was under the impression that they were there to kiss your ass not the other way around, since you said and I quote: Sorry babe, I have to go get my ass kissed."

I frowned, this is crazy.

"I did get my ass kissed-"

She laughed humorlessly.