Chapter Twenty-Four

Andy pov.

"Thanks for coming Jemma, we really don't hang out enough." I smiled, embracing her in a hug.

"I totally agree, we should make this a regular thing." She took a seat in the chair across from me at the table.

I sank down into mine as well and wrapped my hands around the cool cup of my frappecinno. I asked Jemma to meet me at Starbucks so we could hang out, truth is, I was in desperate need of a distraction and Naiomi was no longer an option. In the past few days, things have happened that I am not sure how to deal with. Usually I would vent it all to Naiomi but these were things I couldn't tell her, things I was trying to avoid.

"How are things?" I asked casually, taking a sip of my blended drink.

She smiled and twirled a strand of her mahogony hair.

"Things are good, I definitely can't complain. What about you?"

I chewed my lip and shrugged non-chalantly.

"Eh, same old same old I guess. I could use a long vacation though."

Jemma nodded with her sapphire eyes piercing into mine, she moved her cup of coffee out of the way and leaned forward.

"Alright, enough of the small talk Andy, spill."

My brows furrowed and I smiled oddly at her.

"What are you talking about?"

One of her brown brows popped up, dubiously, but her smile remained inviting.

"I'm not that dense, I can tell when something is bothering you. I may not be as close to you as Naiomi but you can still talk to me."

I held up my poker face for as long as I could before it faltered, I sighed in resignation.

"Okay, you got me, I'm full to pop. So much has happened in the past few days but I'll cut to the things that have me stressed." I took a deep breath, shut my eyes and winced. "I kissed Casey..."

I popped one eye open and caught Jemma's ear to ear smile.

"Casey? Casey Tatum? As in Naiomi's nerdy friend, Casey? As in your ex-boyfriend's brother, Casey? Casey, Casey?!"

I nodded and hid my face in my hands as she screamed.

"I know, I know, I'm a terrible person!"

Jemma laughed histerically and took my hands in hers.

"No you're not, you're just human! If you like him then that's a perfect reason to kiss him!" Her face turned serious. "You do like him right?"

I nodded, because honestly I think I did, probably a hell of a lot more than I should. Especially considering he was the brother of my ex-boyfriend and we could probably never be together. That was if I even wanted a relationship, I had just gotten out of one, I don't think I was ready to hop right into another one. Besides, I didn't even know if Casey felt the same about me.

"I really think I do, I mean, making a move on a guy is so not my style. It sort of...just happened."

Jemma smiled again and squeezed my hands, squealing like a nut.

"Aww that is so cute! Casey is the sweetest thing and super duper innocent. Not to mention he's the complete opposite of the guys you usually date."

I retracted my hands from hers and put them back around my cup, to take a long swig.

"Whatever you do, do not tell Naiomi! I swear to God Jemma I will hunt you down and skin you alive."

She laughed and showed her palms.