~The Forbidden Fruit~ Chapter Twenty- Three

Andy pov.

"I love carnivals, Colby is a genius, I swear." Naiomi drawled, sitting at my vanity and applying her makeup.

I was pulling on my Levi blue cord, slim fit, boyfriend jeans and a pair of new white, silver, rhinestone plated sneakers Naiomi brought over. They were the only things that would match with the stupid shirt she bought me to wear, she wanted me to look like I tried a little bit. I only agreed because she bought me some cute new tennis shoes, but the shirt wasn't my style. It was a Pixie scalloped, beaded vest top- or that's what Naiomi said it was. Also, she begged me to wear jewelry but I told her I get to pick it out, after a short argument, she agreed and I felt better about the whole arrangement. I threw on a pair of crystal, kite earrings, my favorite two finger ring that said 'Fuck You' on it, an armful of cream colored, beaded bracelets, and that was it. I wasn't the type to doll up, especially not to hang out at a carnival, with Drew and Colby.

It had only been two hours ago that Naiomi called me, telling me about Colby and Drew's big plan to take her and I to the carnival up in Santa Barbara. I wasn't too much in the mood to go, but I agreed since it was the first time I was actually asked to go out with Drew.

I rolled my eyes while buttoning my jeans, hoping she could see me in the mirror.

"You've never even been to a carnival, Naiomi."

I saw her shrug her shoulders.

"Doesn't mean I haven't wanted to, just haven't gotten the chance to."

Right, like I don't know that she's only giddy to go because it's with Colby. I adjusted the beaded shirt, trying to keep my bare stomach from showing, the way the bottom arched bothered me.

"What time did they say they were coming?" I asked, frowning at the girly shirt.

Naiomi stood up from the stool and walked over to me, swatting my hands away from the shirt.

"They said 6:30, and stop messing with the shirt, it's supposed to be that way." I pouted as she tugged me to the vanity and sat me down on the stool. "Before you flip out, I'm only putting a light application of mascara and a tinted, flavored lip balm, okay?"

I glared at her but allowed her to do it anyway. I don't understand what part of, "I don't like to wear makeup" is so hard to understand? When she finished, and I smidged my lips, a sweet burst of flavor sparked my taste buds. I swept my tongue across my lips for another taste and hummed.

"Mmm, this tastes good, what flavor is it?" I asked, licking my lips again.

Naiomi smiled and laughed a little.

"It's strawberry sorbet and it looks amazing on your lips, so stop eating it."

I darted my tongue back into my mouth and grinned sheepishly.

"Can I have it?"

She tucked the pink tube down my shirt and into my bra.

"I bought it for you, of course you can have it."

I smiled gratefully and stood up when I heard the doorbell ring, Naiomi squealed a little and hurriedly checked her appearance in the mirror. I thought she looked damn good, she had on a plum red, form fitting, romper and a pair of low, wedge, tennis shoe heels. Her hair was in loose, soft waves and her make-up and jewelry matched her outfit perfectly. I checked myself in the mirror and inwardly sighed, I did look nice but I never felt comfortable like this. Naiomi had parted my hair off to one side and crimped it, making it waterfall down my back and shoulders. I hated admiting it but I felt hot with my hair like that. I ground my teeth and tore away from the mirror, I picked up the two clutch bags Naiomi brought for us, off of my bed, and handed hers to her. Then, after tucking my phone inside of it, I shut off the lights in my room and descended the stairs with Naiomi in tow.