Chapter Thirty- Five

Andy pov.

Around nine o'clock after spending a few more hours with Jemma and plotting ways to get Naiomi to forgive me, I called it a day and headed back home. Drew and this upcoming date had been in the corner of my mind and the more I thought about it, the more uneasy I felt. It really had to do with my feelings for him and the way that they were progressing. He constantly surprised me everytime I thought I had him pegged down but I wasn't all that sure if that was something good or bad. One thing I was sure of though was that I liked him, I definitely liked Drew. His flaws were also his assets in a way, one minute they could be a bad thing, and the next they could be endearing. I could not put my finger on what it was about him but something held my interest. He was a puzzle.

Upon pulling in my driveway I spotted my mother's car there as well. It was new to have her home past work hours even on a weekend, she usually stayed late or spent her time at the office. My mind immediately jumped to the worst case scenario being that this was fairly unusual. I hurried out the car and rushed inside not slowing my pace until I made it to her room.

There she was sitting at her desk behind her computer with a planner on the left side, scribbling stuff down.

"Mom, did you get fired?" I waltzed right up to her side.

Putting her pen down she turned to face me with a frown on her face, "No...did someone tell you that I got fired?"

I shook my head, "No it's just you're here, so I assumed something happened."

Her blue eyes regarded me shrewdly, "Are you on drugs?"

I scowled at the nerve of her to ask such a stupid question, "Of course not. Why would you even ask me that?"

"Andrea you come barging in my room accusing me of getting fired and you expect me not to ask if you're high?"

Why did every conversation we had have to turn into an argument, goodness it was like pulling teeth to have a normal conversation.

"The only reason I asked was because you're never home every other day of the week or weekend, I just assumed that something happened." I grit my teeth to keep from raising my voice, we had just gotten back on civil terms, I didn't need to go putting us at war again.

She passed a hand over her face tiredly, "Am I really gone that much?"

I nodded my head mutely and scratched my head hoping she would not take this personal. After all I was only being honest with her.

"Well don't worry yourself sweetheart, everything on the work front in fabulous. Okay?" She turned back to her task and focused in on her computer screen.

I rolled my eyes at how disinterested she was in my presence and sighed, trudging to the door. On my way out though an idea struck me and it seemed like the perfect way to capture her attention, besides I could use some help with this particular problem. It was way out of my realm of expertise and since she'd been dying to do this to me since I sprouted boobs and a body, I figured this would be right up her alley.

I halted in the doorway and spun back around, grimacing over what I was about to ask her. "Hey mom," She didn't bother looking at me as she grunted, "would you help me get ready for a date tomorrow?"

Like I thought it would it got her attention and her head swirled around to gape at me before I could even blink.

"You" she pointed a finger at me, "want me," she pointed at herself, "to dress you up for a date?"

I chewed my lip and watched my feet with sudden interest, "Yeah," I mumbled.

I heard her snort and cover her mouth with her hands to hide her laugh, "Are you sure you aren't high?"