French Boy ~ Cake

Calum was never good at French, he'd taken three years of the god damned class. He was in his fourth year of the class when his parents decided that they were going to have a French foreign exchange student come live with them for the summer.

It's not that Calum hated Luke, the French boy, it's just that he could hardly understand a word that flew out of his mouth when he spoke so fast. He was pretty sure that Luke knew that Calum's not the best at French, but Luke still basically spit out French words Calum didn't know as fast as he could.

"Votre chie me déteste," Luke grumbled after Calum's dog tried to bite his hand when all Luke wanted to do was pet him. Your dog is mean. Calum understood that much, at least, so his years of work in French class paid off at least a little. Luke stood up from the couch with a glare at Calum's dog, going up to Calum's room, where he had a blow up mattress on the floor. Of corse he never actually slept on the mattress, he always ended up climbing into bed with Calum, saying something along the lines of, 'Vous êtes chaud, je suis froid.' I'm cold, you're warm.

Calum followed Luke up to his room, wondering what he was doing. Luke was on Calum's bed, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and pressing buttons on the TV remote.

"Here, I can show you how it works," Calum chuckled, sitting down next to the boy. Luke kept pressing buttons, changing channels and messing with the volume, until Calum groaned in annoyance. "Just let me show you," Calum sighed impatiently. Luke turned the TV off with a sheepish smile.

"Désolé," he giggled softly. Sorry. Then he sighed, his smile fading. "Mes amis me manquent à la maison. Ils savent toujours ce que je dis, vous êtes méchant," Luke sighed. Calum smiled sympathetically, he understood a few words from that about him missing friends at home because they understand him.

"I'm sorry," Calum said in reply. "Désolé," he corrected himself, because he at least knew that in French. Luke nodded, looking down and picking at a piece of fluff from Calum's bed.

"Peut-être que nous pouvons faire quelque chose, jouer à un jeu?" Luke asked, but then quickly continued. "Eh bien, je veux dire que si vous voulez, parce que vous êtes vraiment très chaud et peut-être que vous ne voulez pas jouer avec moi," he blushed.

"Slow down, I can't understand," Calum said. Luke blushed harder and nodded.

"Je pensais que nous pourrions jouer à un jeu ou quelque chose, mais peut-être que vous ne voudrais pas jouer avec moi parce que vous êtes vraiment attractif..." he said slower. Calum typed as much as he could into his phone for a translation, a soft chuckle leaving his lips. Luke wanted to play a game or do something, but was thinking that maybe Calum didn't want to do anything with him because he's really attractive.

"You're so cute, Luke," Calum said. Luke's eyebrows furrowed, he didn't know what that meant. "T'es trop chou," Calum said almost like a question, because he didn't really know if he said it right. Luke blushed harder.

"Je sorte de vous aime beaucoup et je veux vous embrasser," Luke bit his lip, looking up at Calum shyly.

"What?" Calum didn't understand most of that.

"I like you?" Luke asked, not sure of his English. "Want to kiss you." His accent was so heavy and thick, Calum thought it was beautiful. Calum smiled at him.

"I like you, too."

"Puis-je t'embrasser?" Luke asked softly, climbing onto Calum's lap. Can I kiss you? Calum nodded, one hand going to cup the younger boy's cheek. Luke smiled a little and leaned down, just brushing their lips together before finally kissing Calum properly. When he pulled back, they both smiled.