Oplan Three Words

"Maine, we will expect you and Alden in the coffee shop by Tuesday. Its nice to meet you, hun."

"The pleasure is mine, sir." And they both hugged each other.

We were already at the end of the steps in front of Matt's house about to leave. Dad is staying for a bit.

"Alden, dont forget to videochat your Mom. Shes all alone in the Philippines."

"Will do Dad."

And as if we have been doing this for ages, I grabbed Maine's hand. I gave my Dad a wave and started walking our way back home.

"Hope they didnt bother you much, Maine."

"Youre family loves you a lot, Frank. Teka! So ano ba talagang pangalan mo?"

"Sorry. Nakalimutan ko ipaliwanag sayo na here in London, my family call me Alden. Im Alden Franklyn Williams. Here they call me Alden. My Mom calls me Frank so yun ang nagstick sa akin sa Pinas. Gets mo?"

"Well, so how do you want me to call you then?" She asked.

Shes looked at me with her sleepy eyes. Shes not blushing, but rather flustered. And for a second, I remember Jaz. I dont understand why nobody seems to see their similarities. And right there and then, I made a decision.

"Alden. Call me Alden."

"Nice to meet you, Alden. Im Maine. At dahil close na tayo pwede mo rin akong tawaging Meng." Then she smiled.

"The pleasure is mine, Meng!" And casually I kissed her hands thats still locked in mine.

As soon as we reached my apartment, she went straight in the bedroom.

"Jetlag." And thats all the explanation she gave me.

That gave me plenty of time to video call my Mom.

"Mom!"

"Hijo, anak! I miss you. Iniwan nyo naman ako mag-isa dito ng Dad mo." She feinted a frown although her eyes glows in happiness talking to me.

"Namiss din kita Mom. Sorry. I had to leave..." And then I went on and explain what happened between me and Jaz.

"You should have told me."

"I cant. Alam mo Mom, kaya ko naman talaga na Jaz broke my heart. What I cant handle is shes breaking your heart too." I dont want to cry in front of my mother but there are just things you cannot hide from your mother.

"Frank, dont worry about me. Take your time. Enjoy your vacation."

"Theres one more thing, Mom I met this girl in the airport. She literally fell on arms. And well she needed help. So shes staying here with me in the meantime."

"What kind of help?"

"Well first her foot got injured from her fall tapos nagkaroon ng mixed up sa reservation nya so I offered my apartment. Besides Mom, its nice to have companion ngayong nagbabaksyon ako dito. Im planning of bringing her to famous London tourist sites. It would be fun to do all over again with someone who hasnt been there before."

"Mabuti naman. I raised you well, anak kaya I trust that you would be a gentleman sa kanya." But I could see her worried look.

"Dont worry, Mom. Maine's not a bad person. I know."

"Kelan ko naman kaya makikilala yang si Maine?"

"Shes sleeping. Ill call you again soon to introduce you to her."

"Okay."

"I miss you, Mom."

"Ako din!" She blow kisses on me before she dropped the call.